Shocking Mr Hancock

Sad part about it is if somebody new to lurcherwork goes asking good dog lads for pups from their breeding they are told to piss off not a chance. Most new people will take whatever they think is best and what they can get their hands on and there's plenty willing to take advantage of that.

there is an element of truth in that rew, and maybe if a few lads gave newbies a chance there'd be less need for pedlars ,and less saplings on the merry-go-round
  • Like 1

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C'mon fellah,.this is a hunting man's Forum.... Give or take a few personality clashes,...we are all brothers in arms.... The guy sells jukels,..he ain't a nonce,...   It is not a good thing to

According to mine I regularly had threesomes with the Kylie and Danni minogue.

I find it funny that people are shocked by this, both Hancock and Plummer were a pair of bullshitters back in the day, who never done any real work, those same old chicken sheds that are full of ex ra

Sad part about it is if somebody new to lurcherwork goes asking good dog lads for pups from their breeding they are told to piss off not a chance. Most new people will take whatever they think is best and what they can get their hands on and there's plenty willing to take advantage of that.

there is an element of truth in that rew, and maybe if a few lads gave newbies a chance there'd be less need for pedlars ,and less saplings on the merry-go-round

true that , :thumbs: never thought about like that before , but your right, a lad got to start somewhere , why not with a pup from proven working parents , than one that parents never go out of there kennel. they need to be given a chance with well bred pup .! :yes:

• Like 1

Well this is the thing a lot of lads on here like them. With the amount of stuff being bred there you could be lucky enough and get something decent but the odds are against it. I wouldn't take the chance meself. Atb

I'd say there's just as much chance when breeding any animal to be honest and il prob get shot down for it. But some animals however good they are just don't produce the right minerals.

Not defending Hancock. Sally is an idiot and however nice David was to me he is a fantasist I think. Or a romancer however u wana put it. Maybe I'm a fool for giving my money over but I'm happy with my pup for now and will be the first to say of things go pear shaped. Lol

There will be one or two on here that knew him, he did co respond with me a few times but I didn't know him, have to admit I liked a couple of his books especially the one on the hunters and their dogs in the lake Distric, I have it, but can't remember the name,it was a pity he fell out with Bill Brightmoor as he should have been in it, Bill had a bunch of lads that used his strain of Terrier up here, includes myself.

that's the whole thing,will someone come along that actually new him and worked dogs with him, he got away with his bullshit until proper dog men like David harcombe came along and started putting pen to paper, his terriers were bred for there appearance, it was just luck that most terriers back in the day were game, he new that a breed of terrier with his name on and a few books of bullshit would be a cash cow, but is there anyone who is alive today that can honestly say they new him and actually done some proper work with him, bearing in mind when his original books came out everything was legal and rats were for training pups on, he was exposed as a bullshitter back in the day and ended his days a sad loner breeding white Alsatians in Scotland from what I heard, ?

Some lads older than me have said he did some digging with terriers when he was a school teacher in Rotherham and some rough coated terriers he left behind with a chap became good digging dogs by all accounts .

According to diary of a hunter Plummer worked his dogs practically every day

Like a Roald Dahl of the lurcher and terrier world, mad as a feckin brush lol
mind getting Plummer books off the mobile library as a kid and thinking they didn't add up, and he was Always slagging a certain breed off and filling peoples heads with shite, yet it was obvious he had little experience of them or worse he'd seen some head bangers and stupidly tarred them all with the same brush, years later when he actually went out with the right sort of owner and his well reared young bitch he was impressed.

Plummers books are nearly all the same format,tall tales of big numbers taking with Lurchers and Terriers but no photos to back any of it up,bit strange really as you would have thought with him writing so many books he would have taken photos of his hunts. Lol

There will be one or two on here that knew him, he did co respond with me a few times but I didn't know him, have to admit I liked a couple of his books especially the one on the hunters and their dogs in the lake Distric, I have it, but can't remember the name,it was a pity he fell out with Bill Brightmoor as he should have been in it, Bill had a bunch of lads that used his strain of Terrier up here, includes myself.

that's the whole thing,will someone come along that actually new him and worked dogs with him, he got away with his bullshit until proper dog men like David harcombe came along and started putting pen to paper, his terriers were bred for there appearance, it was just luck that most terriers back in the day were game, he new that a breed of terrier with his name on and a few books of bullshit would be a cash cow, but is there anyone who is alive today that can honestly say they new him and actually done some proper work with him, bearing in mind when his original books came out everything was legal and rats were for training pups on, he was exposed as a bullshitter back in the day and ended his days a sad loner breeding white Alsatians in Scotland from what I heard, ?

:hmm:Can't say we were bestest pals,...indeed our relationship was somewhat emotional... :whistling:

I am a quiet and sensitive ,harmless wee fecker,...but i do believe,.he knew,..that I knew.... :yes:

From that fateful day,.things went rapidly downhill ... :laugh::laugh:

Was pleased as punch to read your reply lloyldy

If anyone seen through that den of absolute charlatans it's someone who has walked the walk

No one of any calibre I have came across in the dog game has a single good word to say about these dogs,

Even as a child reading the books, I always sensed a hidden agenda and as for the Merle dog, it couldn't even catch a rabbit so how can you possibly contemplate breeding a dynasty from it?

Scandalous

• Like 1