Shocking Mr Hancock

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C'mon fellah,.this is a hunting man's Forum.... Give or take a few personality clashes,...we are all brothers in arms.... The guy sells jukels,..he ain't a nonce,...   It is not a good thing to

According to mine I regularly had threesomes with the Kylie and Danni minogue.

I find it funny that people are shocked by this, both Hancock and Plummer were a pair of bullshitters back in the day, who never done any real work, those same old chicken sheds that are full of ex ra

There will be one or two on here that knew him, he did co respond with me a few times but I didn't know him, have to admit I liked a couple of his books especially the one on the hunters and their dogs in the lake Distric, I have it, but can't remember the name,it was a pity he fell out with Bill Brightmoor as he should have been in it, Bill had a bunch of lads that used his strain of Terrier up here, includes myself.

that's the whole thing,will someone come along that actually new him and worked dogs with him, he got away with his bullshit until proper dog men like David harcombe came along and started putting pen to paper, his terriers were bred for there appearance, it was just luck that most terriers back in the day were game, he new that a breed of terrier with his name on and a few books of bullshit would be a cash cow, but is there anyone who is alive today that can honestly say they new him and actually done some proper work with him, bearing in mind when his original books came out everything was legal and rats were for training pups on, he was exposed as a bullshitter back in the day and ended his days a sad loner breeding white Alsatians in Scotland from what I heard, ?

:hmm:Can't say we were bestest pals,...indeed our relationship was somewhat emotional... :whistling:

I am a quiet and sensitive ,harmless wee fecker,...but i do believe,.he knew,..that I knew.... :yes:

From that fateful day,.things went rapidly downhill ... :laugh::laugh:

• Like 5

There will be one or two on here that knew him, he did co respond with me a few times but I didn't know him, have to admit I liked a couple of his books especially the one on the hunters and their dogs in the lake Distric, I have it, but can't remember the name,it was a pity he fell out with Bill Brightmoor as he should have been in it, Bill had a bunch of lads that used his strain of Terrier up here, includes myself.

that's the whole thing,will someone come along that actually new him and worked dogs with him, he got away with his bullshit until proper dog men like David harcombe came along and started putting pen to paper, his terriers were bred for there appearance, it was just luck that most terriers back in the day were game, he new that a breed of terrier with his name on and a few books of bullshit would be a cash cow, but is there anyone who is alive today that can honestly say they new him and actually done some proper work with him, bearing in mind when his original books came out everything was legal and rats were for training pups on, he was exposed as a bullshitter back in the day and ended his days a sad loner breeding white Alsatians in Scotland from what I heard, ?

:hmm:Can't say we were bestest pals,...indeed our relationship was somewhat emotional... :whistling:

I am a quiet and sensitive ,harmless wee fecker,...but i do believe,.he knew,..that I knew.... :yes:

From that fateful day,.things went rapidly downhill ... :laugh::laugh:

if you are the same Phil Lloyd that was around at the time, as in Lloyd on lurchers if memory serves then yes I bet you do know,
  • Like 5

As I said on here before I had a 3/4 off him bout 6 years ago. At the time for whatever stupid reason I was looking a genuine 3/4 with nowt else in it to see how it would go. There was plenty of pups about the place but all had loads of saluki blood in them so I thought at least id be sure of what was in the pup. I think a lot of people tried his stuff for that reason plus the yarns that Plummer was telling. As people are saying here no one forces you to buy off him but all hunting people are optimistic about pups but once bitten twice shy. A 40 ft lorry could have turned quicker than the one I got off him it had feet like dinner plates. I couldn't breed pups and incinerate those not sold he's a harder man than me. Atb

the story and photo about merle catching 6 or 8 fox of a muck heap one snowy night,and broken ribs allways thought it was bullshit as a young lad keen to read about lurchers,and it was clever advertising for hancock,like the internet but in a book someone bought

• Like 1

I have a young Hancock bitch. I got her off a mate, i wouldn't have bought one off Hancock direct as i don't agree with puppy farming and would sooner have had one off working stuff. My mate helped me out when i had to retire my dog through injury, got her at 6 months and have taken to her, not been easy going training and bonding with her but seem to have turned a corner now. Had her out 4 times ferreting and she has went well, really pleased me to be honest, hope it continues, 12 months today.

Never met him or been there but in reality these days most lurcher owners don't work their dogs, many that do claim to do a bit hardly do enough to call a dog a worker. By far the greatest majority are pets so anyone wishing to make a living from breeding lurchers, or any stock for that matter, needs to breed what their customers require......looks and predictability of how the adult will turn out, (how many post over the years have i read how big will my pup get? etc due to the unpredictability of hybrid breeding). So he meets a need and cheaply compared to most designer breeds. Bearing this in mind I find it odd that people continuously moan that he doesn’t use workers to breed, why would he? He mainly supplies pets to pet homes……

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 5

Sad part about it is if somebody new to lurcherwork goes asking good dog lads for pups from their breeding they are told to piss off not a chance. Most new people will take whatever they think is best and what they can get their hands on and there's plenty willing to take advantage of that.

• Like 3