Shocking Mr Hancock

Plummers marketing sold the dream,Hancock was the means and the supplier,it would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall back then to hear how they cooked up the strategy.

I once got told by some one who was mates with Plummer it was to get Hancock out of the shit has his poultry business went tits up.

• Like 2

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C'mon fellah,.this is a hunting man's Forum.... Give or take a few personality clashes,...we are all brothers in arms.... The guy sells jukels,..he ain't a nonce,...   It is not a good thing to

According to mine I regularly had threesomes with the Kylie and Danni minogue.

I find it funny that people are shocked by this, both Hancock and Plummer were a pair of bullshitters back in the day, who never done any real work, those same old chicken sheds that are full of ex ra

Plummers marketing sold the dream,Hancock was the means and the supplier,it would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall back then to hear how they cooked up the strategy.

I once got told by some one who was mates with Plummer it was to get Hancock out of the shit has his poultry business went tits up.

i read hancocks book many many years ago. His poultry farm went into liquidation. Plummer gave him 3 greyhound bitches and estimated he would need 30 bitches to gain a income from selling pups it went on from there fact or fiction who knows but 30 odd years on its still churning pups out.

• Like 2

i read hancocks book many many years ago. His poultry farm went into liquidation. Plummer gave him 3 greyhound bitches and estimated he would need 30 bitches to gain a income from selling pups it went on from there fact or fiction who knows but 30 odd years on its still churning pups out.

Like I said before their sale's pitch back in the day was second to non with Plummer writing books on the virtues of these different couloured collie hybreds back then I even have an old advertisement in a book were Hncock claims to breed coursing dogs from these hybreds.I have to agree on some comments though that Hancock dosent hold a gun to your head to buy one and myself I have never been intrested in owning one after seeing one run out of the very first litter he ever bred over 30 years ago.

Like I said before their sale's pitch back in the day was second to non with Plummer writing books on the virtues of these different couloured collie hybreds back then I even have an old advertisement in a book were Hncock claims to breed coursing dogs from these hybreds.I have to agree on some comments though that Hancock dosent hold a gun to your head to buy one and myself I have never been intrested in owning one after seeing one run out of the very first litter he ever bred over 30 years ago.

i also have the book with the add in regarding dogs doing well in the coursing field etc. They were marketed very well back in the early days.

• Like 1

Why the f**k you'd give a pedler your hard earned cash is beyond me, the guy obviously doesn't care for the animals and the parents of the new pup your having have never seen a days work in its life, if your Want to work your mutt you want to try and source your new best friend off the best parents possible at your chosen quarry do your home work because hopefully you'll have 10 + years of happy hunting with it, don't take a gamble with some prick who's just after your money ?

• Like 3

i also have the book with the add in regarding dogs doing well in the coursing field etc. They were marketed very well back in the early days.
That's the word mate,marketing,no internet back then,no social media,shooting news was heavily biased towards him because of the Plummer articles,there was no transparency,if Plummer and Hancock started up nowadays they would find it a good deal harder.
  • Like 3

That's the word mate,marketing,no internet back then,no social media,shooting news was heavily biased towards him because of the Plummer articles,there was no transparency,if Plummer and Hancock started up nowadays they would find it a good deal harder.

I don't think they would last a week tbh mate.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be too quick to condemn using ex track bitchegs, there was a guy I knew that bred first crosses and three quarter dogs, not all were world beaters but did see a few decent dogs he bred, he was not a puppy farmer, just turned out the odd litter.

Have never had a Hancock dog, and would never line his pockets.feel sorry for his brooms, as you can now rehome ex racers,who would pass a bitch on to them.

On a different subject how many foxes did Mere presumably catch.

I wouldn't be too quick to condemn using ex track bitchegs, there was a guy I knew that bred first crosses and three quarter dogs, not all were world beaters but did see a few decent dogs he bred, he was not a puppy farmer, just turned out the odd litter.

Have never had a Hancock dog, and would never line his pockets.feel sorry for his brooms, as you can now rehome ex racers,who would pass a bitch on to them.

On a different subject how many foxes did Mere presumably catch.

the dog was called merle, I think Plummer at the time was still a school teacher,and it was probably one fox and many photos, Plummer sold a whole story that was based on total fabrication,he was simply an author with a good imagination, here,s a question, there are still a few old boys left, like my self, who were out there doing it in the days when Plummer first arrived on the scene, but did anyone ever see him work dogs or go out with him for a nights lamping or an epic rat hunt, be really interesting if anyone could vouch for anything he said,
  • Like 4

There will be one or two on here that knew him, he did co respond with me a few times but I didn't know him, have to admit I liked a couple of his books especially the one on the hunters and their dogs in the lake Distric, I have it, but can't remember the name,it was a pity he fell out with Bill Brightmoor as he should have been in it, Bill had a bunch of lads that used his strain of Terrier up here, includes myself.

There will be one or two on here that knew him, he did co respond with me a few times but I didn't know him, have to admit I liked a couple of his books especially the one on the hunters and their dogs in the lake Distric, I have it, but can't remember the name,it was a pity he fell out with Bill Brightmoor as he should have been in it, Bill had a bunch of lads that used his strain of Terrier up here, includes myself.

that's the whole thing,will someone come along that actually new him and worked dogs with him, he got away with his bullshit until proper dog men like David harcombe came along and started putting pen to paper, his terriers were bred for there appearance, it was just luck that most terriers back in the day were game, he new that a breed of terrier with his name on and a few books of bullshit would be a cash cow, but is there anyone who is alive today that can honestly say they new him and actually done some proper work with him, bearing in mind when his original books came out everything was legal and rats were for training pups on, he was exposed as a bullshitter back in the day and ended his days a sad loner breeding white Alsatians in Scotland from what I heard, ?
  • Like 1