Getting Traps From Usa Or Canada ....

Does anybody know of any sites that will deliver traps to the uk ??? because I can't seem to find any .......

Hello Socks, Just saw your post regarding certain sites that will deliver traps to England. If you can give myself a little time I will see what I can do for you. I have a good friend in Nebraska who has just retired from being a School teacher. He's a really good friend of mine and has been trapping since his childhood days. He kindly sent myself a Raccoon skin. Also he sent myself an excellent book on trapping. Socks, I have many ,many friends in America. Contact myself Socks if you want to? Anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact myself. Socks, what traps are you after? Regards, Lutra.

Predominantly I am after Body grips for squirrel and rat mate .......

Do you prefer bodygrips over fens for rats Ken?I use both both but have a lot more success with the fens...

Depends on where I am using them mate ... I don't really have a preference I just use the the right trap I think will suit the job in hand ......

• Like 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the FHA Convention last April, not as much going on as the Alberta one, but i had a great time, was well looked after and learned a few tricks, they have asked me to go back as a guest speak

No one will ever give a definitive answer.........

Check this one out. Some good fun around the twelve minute mark.    Wouldn't be to many volunteers to stick their hand in a bunch a traps over here lol

Posted Images

Ken you want to be careful as most of the 110's are not legal over here, i think only the BMI's are licensed for use in the UK, i am sure someone on here will know and let us know for sure.

Also you have to watch out for import tax and duty, i had a couple of hundred canadian dollars left when i came back, so i ordered a trappers basket from FHA, they did me great deal on the basket, $50, but it was $150 Shipping, then the bstds over here stung me for £68 import duty and Vat, when you convert it i actually paid more tax and import duty than the basket cost.

Just a warning.

Brian

• Like 1

The Dukes/bridgers/bellisles etc can be classed as 'clones' IMO. Almost identical to the BMI.

I have bought a ton of gear from over there over the years, best places are thesnareshop and minnesota trapline products. One word of warning; don't buy any lure or they will ship it UPS and you'll end up paying a small fortune.

there is tax duty to pay over here, none of the reputable firms will send it as a 'gift' so you've just got to pay it. I have used other companys, but those two I have mentioned have been the best.

• Like 2

Even if its a gift and valued at more than £30 you still pay import duty and the cost of shipping is on the value of the article.

In the past i have ordered gear and not payed it but i guess that the luck of the draw.

J Darcy is right about the 2 suppliers he mentioned great service from both. If dukes, bridgers, etc are classed as clones does that mean we can use them ??

Even if its a gift and valued at more than £30 you still pay import duty and the cost of shipping is on the value of the article.

In the past i have ordered gear and not payed it but i guess that the luck of the draw.

J Darcy is right about the 2 suppliers he mentioned great service from both. If dukes, bridgers, etc are classed as clones does that mean we can use them ??

No one will ever give a definitive answer.........

• Like 2

Word of advice : don't by trapping supplies from paces like cabales ,bass pro ,gander mountain . I your gonna order trapping supplies order from a trapping supply place . Other wise you'll get ripped off like crazy. Went to a gander mountain once and they were selling some cheap 7X7 3/32nd washer lock snares for $5 a pop !

If you are after stuff importing from the usa i can import stuff for you at a very good rate.

What sort of price are we talking about mate .....

Depends on Location and size of parcel/weight if you give me some idea i can give you a price. I can set you up a very simple shipping account and you can do it yourself be better prices than you get anywhere else.

I do this for small to medium size companies mainly but happy to set you a prepay account up.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

They did one about the alberta trappers association annual shindig,showed a kids skinning competition,imagine trying that at the CSA gamefair here?

Watching the josh James NZ bushman on YouTube he went to a competition and they had youngsters bringing in stags and pigs.And a simulated pig carry over an assault course.