Your First Coursing Dog.

First one for me was said to be out of P H's Lucy, about two year old when I got her, they can be hard work compared to the other crosses, but they're in a league of their own ability wise, onto my fourth now, be hard to go away from the coursing bred stuff now

what was the sire to your bitch out of Lucy, was it Sam foxys bro, I know she was put to Sam to get reefer, Dan etc but never heard of her being put to any other dogs

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I lost all my old pics found this one today. Fettle X smokey = pettle Pettle X c Yorks Wilkie

Thought I'll up load a few pictures of cruise seems he got measioned abit. And In the picture with the two dogs in is cruise and cruise junior

The first 'coursing type' dog I owned was a bitch called tilly, my mates dad bred her from there well bred pure saluki dog, Jackson to there Lurcher nip. Nip was meant to hold a good amount of saluki

Posted Images

First one for me was said to be out of P H's Lucy, about two year old when I got her, they can be hard work compared to the other crosses, but they're in a league of their own ability wise, onto my fourth now, be hard to go away from the coursing bred stuff now

what was the sire to your bitch out of Lucy, was it Sam foxys bro, I know she was put to Sam to get reefer, Dan etc but never heard of her being put to any other dogs
Bitch I had would have been born 1999-2000, unless she was older than I was told, so later than the litter you mention, that was the mating that Nancy was from. Mine was feathered white with black and brindle patches, and amber coloured eyes so very distinctive looking, passed around before I bought her, never found out who the sire was mate

pmsl at the men that talk about fettle she was reared in blyth north east off a friend of mine and the only lads that know how she was bred is us lol ,so yous can talk as much crap as yous want about her ,I do hear so much about her breeding on hear and when I speak to my pal that reared her he says that them think what ever they want she was sold for 20 quid coz her jacket was a fuc,kig mess and then,sold her to ll then the lads that bought her for pee nuts ran her on the big lad were she settled well ,lol she was shaven out before she was sold for pennys ,do you want to know how she was bred lol

Tell us how she was bred then bobsa. I'm from Blyth myself and still have family there and you've got me curious now.

pmsl at the men that talk about fettle she was reared in blyth north east off a friend of mine and the only lads that know how she was bred is us lol ,so yous can talk as much crap as yous want about her ,I do hear so much about her breeding on hear and when I speak to my pal that reared her he says that them think what ever they want she was sold for 20 quid coz her jacket was a fuc,kig mess and then,sold her to ll then the lads that bought her for pee nuts ran her on the big lad were she settled well ,lol she was shaven out before she was sold for pennys ,do you want to know how she was bred lol

Tell us how she was bred then bobsa. I'm from Blyth myself and still have family there and you've got me curious now.

was saluki grey collie grey

Edited by bobza

My first coursing type came off Jeff Brown ,he cost £70 in 1987, he just looked like a black greyhound, and killed more hares than any other dog I've owned , then followed by a pup out of a Gummy Hodgson bred bitch ( Hugie Weavers Black Jack x Lassie) to J Davies Ghost he was called Strider I bought him off MP who owned Lucky I ran him until he was 9 year old , then a bitch out of a Nipper bred bitch to a dog out of Blaze ( Merlin x Eve) I lost this bitch last year aged 14 she had a litter to a Whippet ( Wor Jon ) they are 8 years old now and retired, I now keep an all or nothing beddy x Greyhound mooching type for a bit of everything.

Trap 1

• Like 3

If i remember correctly mine was one of the old time deerhound/bedlington/greyhound crosses that everyone used for coursing at the time crossed with a saluki Chris Quinlan owned im sure it was Deacon.

That pup grew into my first coursing dog.

Small world, the first ones I took out were Cruise bred (family pets not just mine) bred at Coundon, and my first dog was off Chance bred at Consett, if its the same chance, great times.

It is a small world cruise was from shildon. Chance was out of bishop Auckland.