Lamping Time People Go Out

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it a Saturday ...after X factor

I find rabbits well on the ball before tenish , as the night progresses they seem to be more relaxed with a belly full of grass. I think the habit of going late on is born from being were you shouldn

Ive had some of my best nights lamping getting up at 2/3am and getting out for a few hours before sunrise.

Posted Images

If i have permission i like to start about 11pm ish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if my dog has given me permission i wont lamp till 1am ,

I have been visited by farmers and police on my permission a number of times,,,,,,with my dogs permission after 1am i have never had any bother.

Regarding rabbits ie quantity and distance from safety i have found that any time after first darkness there is not much difference,however about an hour before daylight in the winter the fields empty.

anytime after it gets dark,,,just depends on what your up to,,,i regular go hedghoping in the van ,,stoping at difrent gatways in to fields as soon as its dark to get a few races...

also setting the alarm at 4 am and having a few hours befor work,,is a good way to do things , provided you go to bed around 10pm,,you get a good kip befor work,,,beats going out at midnight ,,getting in at at 2-3 am then up for work at 6,,,thats hard work,,,

just use commen scence,,,

good post maximus ferret,,,,i use those sites all the time,,,on accuweather ,,the moon rise and set times are at the bottom of the page as well,,,acuweather is good for the hourly forcast as well,,,and ive found to be quite acurate

• Like 1

i grew up with some old time long netters they always said if the weather and moon are right then the first two hours and last two are the best ,

though i lamped for many years i was never sure what was the best time ,i have been places where there was hundreds out then drive down the A1 to another good spot and see nothing

as the old timers used to say ,you can never depend on wild stuff. What i do know is if there is light breeze with a drop of rain in it

and there are rabbits on the land ,they will be out.

At least ten but ive been looking at the clock every 10 minutes since 8 :D

The later the better Ive found tbh, given similar weather conditions ive often found more stuff about later and less traffic/disturbancies.

Cheers, D.