• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor hare

You snooze you loose ??

Yes some thing hit one of my permissions and it got the farmers pet rabbits too. But as a rule mixy would only affect that spot but this time it has covered a hell of a large area. A dam good few squa

Like a lot of the lads on here have said myself included, there is a dramatic decline in certain parts of the country in rabbit population,its just not in kent mate,poor weather for breeding, rhd and mxy,all contributing factors,looks like ableak season for alot of us,hope it comes good for you.

Yes some thing hit one of my permissions and it got the farmers pet rabbits too. But as a rule mixy would only affect that spot but this time it has covered a hell of a large area. A dam good few square miles. Just the odd one left now. Great shame was walking it all summer and looking forward to the sport through winter. It hit just as the season started.

• Like 1

i cansee a lot of dogs and ferrets up for sale in another year or so,if this trend keeps up,you can hike miles of ground in my area with dogs and ferrets and rarely see a rabbit,thank god i can look back at my rabbiting careewith great memorys not like some of the young and upcoming hunters, who i fear may never get the chance to work there animals to there full potential due the decline in rabbits.

There was a bad strain of myxi going around all my bits of land i hunt on here. There's nothing moving at all now. Even out with the lamp where i would normally see eyes all over the hills im seeing zilch. I saw bad strain of myxi that cleared everything before but not on the same scale as whats happened this summer. My dog and ferrets are pets only now till things pick up which wont be anytime soon.

At the moment I'm about 50% down on normal years with mixie and RHD, RHD2 farmer close buy picked up 10 dead rabbits the other day. Going foraging for fungi the other day in a lane there was a rabbit sat at the foot of the hedge so I stopped got out and just picked it up, it then seemed to wake up and go mad fighting. It was bright eyed no damage just seemed to be asleep with its eyes open, think it maybe early stages of RHD. Don't look good.

Cheers Arry