Fell Am Moorland Wtc ???????

i was a member for 20 years from mid 80' , North wales was a big well run club , but the FMWT club was suffering from ego's from all around the country and a a lot of back biting the club began to implode , north wales left and began there own club and the last show of theirs i went to was very good , Clubs are a nice place to meet and chat digging or bullshit lol but i think terrier rescue /clubs hey day is gone , bellman and flint , single terrier to ground, cheap mini digger hire even most farms now have their own all played there part as did large terrier shows for coin , and the working dog no longer welcome scared what joe public would think , as the clubs became PC, a f***ing waste of time as far as i'm concerned as terrier work is a minority pass time/way of life even frowned upon by other field sports trying to pander to others drove a lot of terrier men away from clubs and left a lot of show boys in charge ... i think if clubs want members back they need to remember their terriers are working dogs not show ponys run smaller shows where every one knows every one and if they don't know some one well you f**k them off or is a fiver from them worth more ? ... would be nice to see the FMWT doing well again but i can't see it sorry ......all ways remember your terriers, protect them from

it's one of the reasons the durham lads pulled out about 45 year ago and started there own club apparently there was money going missing out the funds aswell but when the committee was confronted they couldn't explain were it went another reason they pulled out, thereverytime is very few go to the yearly federation meeting, I think alot of people in the club could not give a toss about it anymore..

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i was a member for 20 years from mid 80' , North wales was a big well run club , but the FMWT club was suffering from ego's from all around the country and a a lot of back biting the club began to i

Fantastic post 100 percent agree!!

More publicity, more advertisement in places such as the Countrymans Weekly and EDRD, upto date website, regular meetings to air views etc, a regular yearbook the list is endless. Like has been said i

i was a member for 20 years from mid 80' , North wales was a big well run club , but the FMWT club was suffering from ego's from all around the country and a a lot of back biting the club began to implode , north wales left and began there own club and the last show of theirs i went to was very good , Clubs are a nice place to meet and chat digging or bullshit lol but i think terrier rescue /clubs hey day is gone , bellman and flint , single terrier to ground, cheap mini digger hire even most farms now have their own all played there part as did large terrier shows for coin , and the working dog no longer welcome scared what joe public would think , as the clubs became PC, a f***ing waste of time as far as i'm concerned as terrier work is a minority pass time/way of life even frowned upon by other field sports trying to pander to others drove a lot of terrier men away from clubs and left a lot of show boys in charge ... i think if clubs want members back they need to remember their terriers are working dogs not show ponys run smaller shows where every one knows every one and if they don't know some one well you f**k them off or is a fiver from them worth more ? ... would be nice to see the FMWT doing well again but i can't see it sorry ......all ways remember your terriers, protect them from

it's one of the reasons the durham lads pulled out about 45 year ago and started there own club apparently there was money going missing out the funds aswell but when the committee was confronted they couldn't explain were it went another reason they pulled out, thereverytime is very few go to the yearly federation meeting, I think alot of people in the club could not give a toss about it anymore..
you could get some cracking little shows and people and then on the other hand or place they'd be lads turning up to a show or club and the ones running it was useless, arrogant to them but mates with others with money who had only commitment was when it was there own thing.

Has already said bellman and flint have made terrier work far more safer,I often wonder how many dogs lost to ground in the past would of been found with a bellman,

earths that were thought undigable are now seen has the norm and not the depth they were guessed at,but every now and then they catch us out who's fcuk idea was it to put dog in hear.

There are still rescues lads there is a member on here that has used our services more than once in the pas few years. And with out the club them dogs would have been lost forever. I think the club can only be a good thing

It just needs a push in the right direction.

Yes dilly there a club in the Midlands

• Like 6

Looked at the website sometime back and I got the impression it wasn't being kept updated. If personal details are sent to someone in this day and age you need to feel sure they are being kept securely, at the same time the more you put out on the internet, the more messers are attracted so its catch 22.

Thing is, i think most dog men enjoy being out with the dogs and not ***king about on the internet so I'm sure most of these guys are good at the game.

Looked at the website sometime back and I got the impression it wasn't being kept updated. If personal details are sent to someone in this day and age you need to feel sure they are being kept securely, at the same time the more you put out on the internet, the more messers are attracted so its catch 22.

Thing is, i think most dog men enjoy being out with the dogs and not ***king about on the internet so I'm sure most of these guys are good at the game.

need clubs for one of the original tasks, saving a dog to ground , lost or stuck.accidents had happened to anyone. And for all the other good reasons people stuck together and dogs , duties, etc. But now the antis or whatever the are are far too well researched on all different things and through the internet too , all information.
  • Like 2

seen as this topic has come up what things would pull more lads in and what would the old members change to make the club what is was?

any input helps

More communication from "head office" to members, a list of clubs/areas and contact details for their reps maybe?

Cheers, D.

seen as this topic has come up what things would pull more lads in and what would the old members change to make the club what is was?

any input helps

More communication from "head office" to members, a list of clubs/areas and contact details for their reps maybe?

Cheers, D.

there is a list in the earth dog every month buddy, but your on the money about head office.

• Like 1