Cutting Tbg And Making Lead Balls

1,.....I'm making a right balls up of cutting tbg, I'm using 45mm roller in new bladegreen mat and what seems a half decent metal ruler.

The band sometimes seems to snag/ gather up or I tend to roll off on a tangent.

Any tips? ( I did see a fella...not sure if it was Suffolkslingshots or similar on YouTube use a roller that fits in the grooves / track of a ruler....that seemed spot on, but as usually comes at a cost).

2,...... If I was to buy a lead ball mould which size would you recommend for pheasant and odd rabbit......., something that would suit not too heavy band set up......and what bands would you go with.

Cheers for advice.

Edited by wuyang

When you cut the bands use a clamp to hold the ruler on the flatband and pull the cutter back towards you in one smooth action, I personally like 10mm leads as you can use the same bands as you do with 9.5 steel I do use 12mm leads but these use a slightly heavier band set

When you cut the bands use a clamp to hold the ruler on the flatband and pull the cutter back towards you in one smooth action, I personally like 10mm leads as you can use the same bands as you do with 9.5 steel I do use 12mm leads but these use a slightly heavier band set

Cheers for that, I'll give it a go.

I use looped bands so yes it's doubled and the hex nuts are available at the Wilkos pick and mix or toolstation. They do the job and last longer than flats.

I use both but slowly I,m moving more of my catty,s over to the 1745 tubes,as it lasts much longer and by adjusting the loop size you can alter the size and weight of ammo you use