Anyone In Germany?

Recently moved to Germany 1 hour south of Frankfurt in Heidelberg. Are there any dog men in Germany or maybe eastern France? It's hard to find reliable info on hunting given the language barrier, but I believe hunting with dogs is outlawed in Germany. Then again I've also seen online mention of people still doing it legally under strict regulations.

Anyhow, moved over here not knowing anyone, and I figured the dog community is a great place to start.

Happy Hunting,

Michael

Forget France they have a legal right (and obligation) to shoot all sigthounds in the act of working. Germany not too sure about I'll ask my mate today.

Funny enough I have family in Heidelberg. They own a restaurant in the centre I believe.

Recently moved to Germany 1 hour south of Frankfurt in Heidelberg. Are there any dog men in Germany or maybe eastern France? It's hard to find reliable info on hunting given the language barrier, but I believe hunting with dogs is outlawed in Germany. Then again I've also seen online mention of people still doing it legally under strict regulations.

Anyhow, moved over here not knowing anyone, and I figured the dog community is a great place to start.

Happy Hunting,

Michael

Come on be honest, Germany pisses all over the United Kingdom doesn't it???

Happy Hunting,

Michael

think hes from the US mate

Happy Hunting,

Michael

That's pissed on my bonfire then....

Happy Hunting,

Michael

That's pissed on my bonfire then....
lol sorry mate ;)

mushroom, that's a shame about France. Some states in the US have the same rules for dogs chasing deer. We actually live pretty near the center of Heidelberg. What's the name of the restaurant?

Yes, I'm from Texas, but lived in Tennessee for a year before moving to Germany. Moving here was my first time being in the country. Liking it so far. Went to the England and Ireland for just a couple weeks about a decade ago. Looking forward to being able to make more visits now thought that I'm in the general area. At least from a Texan's perspective.

C.green, any idea what part of France your friends hunt in? I know rules can vary from region to region.

THANKS for the replies guys. If you ever find yourself near Heidelberg give me a shout!

-Michael

mushroom, that's a shame about France. Some states in the US have the same rules for dogs chasing deer. We actually live pretty near the center of Heidelberg. What's the name of the restaurant?

Yes, I'm from Texas, but lived in Tennessee for a year before moving to Germany. Moving here was my first time being in the country. Liking it so far. Went to the England and Ireland for just a couple weeks about a decade ago. Looking forward to being able to make more visits now thought that I'm in the general area. At least from a Texan's perspective.

C.green, any idea what part of France your friends hunt in? I know rules can vary from region to region.

THANKS for the replies guys. If you ever find yourself near Heidelberg give me a shout!

-Michael

Same here mate if you ever visit England let me know might be able to sort out a few runs for you also what made you move there if you don't mind me being nosey?

General lee, since you're offering I'll likely be taking you up on that because the reason I moved here is to travel. This move has been planned long before the current election cycle if that's what you were thinking. ;-)

I was thinking it might be for work or something yeh mate your welcome I'm sure I could show you a bit of Lurcher work be nice to get a different perspective on it

I live in France on the edge of the Cevennes these days, with my whip-grey bitch and galgo dog.

Being used to big fields with hares and rabbits (Netherlands), options for longdog work are dissapointing here. Mountains with sharp rocks and stones, thick forest all around. No rabbits, only an occasional hare and plenty of wild boar.

Hunting with longdogs (chasse a vue) has been illegal in France since 1833. Hunting with scent hounds exists for sure, there are several packs for hare, boar, fox and deer in more suitable terrain. But not here, the terrain is too difficult. All hunting here with hounds is "chasse a batir" on boar, releasing a couple of hounds and/or terriers that move the boar to guns in strategic positions.

Regards,

Lennard

Edited by Lennard