Peg And Gun

Been to peg and gun today and he has told me he is starting up his snaring courses again. This is good news for anyone wanting to learn how to snare foxes, rabbits, squirrels, rats and mice in a professional manner with high catch rates. Top man. Until 10 years ago I could not snare a rabbit.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

full house and not atrap in sight all caught on running poles with snares very effective

For me, its all about learning, and thinking outside the box. It's about challenging your own abilities.   I'd rather spend a week with Woodga, or Glenn Waters, (who are passionate about what they

Posted Images

Lots of people feel the need to learn to trap and snare....even if they don't really need to do Pest control....I'd rather they amuse themselves snaring rats and squirrels than foxes and rabbits that don't need controlling

I can never understand why people would want to snare rats or mice or squirrel. Foxes and rabbits yes, but there are much better tools to catch the other three species.

Snares are very effective on rats and squirrels,why carry a lot of traps about when a handful of snares will do the job just as well.?

Been to peg and gun today and he has told me he is starting up his snaring courses again. This is good news for anyone wanting to learn how to snare foxes, rabbits, squirrels, rats and mice in a professional manner with high catch rates. Top man. Until 10 years ago I could not snare a rabbit.

Agree there mate he knows his stuff,I was due to go on one of his courses years back,then I met woodga who shown me the ropes

.. why carry a lot of traps about when a handful of snares will do the job just as well.

Nonsense. Traps are far superior to snares, you can set them in more situations and a damn sight easier.

True, if like myself you have never snared an animal and would not really know where to start, I would plum for traps also. Yet there are people who, through hard work, knowledge and no little skill are able to snare a variety of animals at will.

TC

You are having a laugh aren't you?? I may not use snares very much, but that looks very much like rabbits, rather than rats or squirrels!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: So trying to demonstrate how they are better by pictures of that?? :icon_redface:

I will stand by what I said, foxes and rabbits are fair enough for snaring. The other species are easier and better controlled by traps. :D

Edited to add: I have snared rabbits very sucessfully meself thanks very much!

Edited by Torquemada