Job Vacancy.

20-40k € not bad, you applying? :D

Cheers, D.

Dytkos, although I don't break the law with my dogs or guns in any way I'd still find it hard to push them on other countrymen, especially as a lot of those laws are bullshit.

But then again, with some power I might become a right little Hitler, LOL, it seems to be what happens when ordinary Joe Soaps get a title. :laugh:

• Like 5

I trained as a countryside ranger when I got out of borstal on a training scheme (after doing my work experience in school-I was pally with the head ranger dai hale-main part of it was cutting in footpaths and digging nature ponds etc-stock fencing (you meet all the landowners)and on more than one occasion was asked by a local school and the council to remove unwanted vermin :).was a good craic but council shut down the department due to resources and now these days they have wildlife officers who go around like rspca-little hitilers lol-starting wage back in 97 was 22,000 a year.laws changed for the worse since those days.was a good experience while it lasted.learnt alot-use a chainsaw,mini digger tractors and pto 's and best bit was landrover 110 for company motor lol.atb dc

• Like 6

like you say mate, it would be better to have a young hunting lad have a crack at it, someone who enjoys being out in the sticks instead of these office bound creatures. Wont harm you to have a look if you like the outdoors and need work/change of job.

Not endorsing the job but you know what they say.. "you know what shy boys get"…lol

Only ever met 1 decent ranger and that was out by Oulton park racing track,he worked for the National Trust,we were trespassing flying a hawk over ferreted rabbits when he turned up,we thought we were in the shit but instead he came with us for a few good hours catching rabbits,he enjoyed himself and when we got back to his land rover he had 2decent borders that he used to dig with, so they are not all pricks,but all the others I have met have been real idiots with no common sense, the Wirral has an old railway turned into a public walkway/horse path and the rangers on there are well clued up on terrier and lurcher work, its easier to stay away from anywhere public these days, you also need a degree to get a rangers job on the Wirral Way, WM

It's actually a good job, and with the right person it doesn't need to be a bad thing, the correct approach with an middle of road attitude can make positions like this a good thing for everyone.

However my fears are it will be some halfwit bordering on anti that takes the positions and just push things further downhill.

• Like 2

Only ever met 1 decent ranger and that was out by Oulton park racing track,he worked for the National Trust,we were trespassing flying a hawk over ferreted rabbits when he turned up,we thought we were in the shit but instead he came with us for a few good hours catching rabbits,he enjoyed himself and when we got back to his land rover he had 2decent borders that he used to dig with, so they are not all pricks,but all the others I have met have been real idiots with no common sense, the Wirral has an old railway turned into a public walkway/horse path and the rangers on there are well clued up on terrier and lurcher work, its easier to stay away from anywhere public these days, you also need a degree to get a rangers job on the Wirral Way, WM

lovely old place. Once upon a time the was hunts their . talking of them anti rangers ,m i,was a bad one altogether.he wanted the lads. One lad i know had his lamp smashed by a bunch of them once and a kicking off them and the filth.some bad spys their. A lad whos not alive now (the ferret ), used to give the main one shit all the time and square up to him, break in the huts and wear the wax jackets. He used to say to him, you never caught me at the great orm , climbing it and cluthing a egg. Funny lad ,the fez. When he got jail for other stuff, he said to the judge , iam the ferret , i will return .legend.
  • Like 5

lovely old place. Once upon a time the was hunts their . talking of them anti rangers ,m i,was a bad one altogether.he wanted the lads. One lad i know had his lamp smashed by a bunch of them once and a kicking off them and the filth.some bad spys their. A lad whos not alive now (the ferret ), used to give the main one shit all the time and square up to him, break in the huts and wear the wax jackets. He used to say to him, you never caught me at the great orm , climbing it and cluthing a egg. Funny lad ,the fez. When he got jail for other stuff, he said to the judge , iam the ferret , i will return .legend.

I am the ferret.i will return lol.

• Like 1

Ha!. He broke into the vets one night (,vet was a anti). Phoned one of the lads up on the phone in their and said ,what do you want for your dogs ,at about three in the morning. He had a shit on the lab table .

He sounds like hes a right lad pablo.

My mate used to go lamping with this fella.

Just found this about podmore.

I think the part about the most famous poacher is a bit ott.

You heard of him pablo.

But the town has also created headlines in more recent times. Market Drayton was home to the UK's most famous poacher of the 20th century, Poddy Podmore.

He entertained the public for many years with a series of pranks and stunts. Such was his popularity, that there was even a fan club to him in Philadelphia called Pod's People.

Poddy was a self-confessed poacher and one of his most celebrated stunts was just before Christmas in 1977.

Dressed as Santa Claus, he climbed on to the roof of Shrewsbury jail with a sack of cigarettes and tobacco for the inmates.

For over an hour he bellowed "Merry Christmas" from his lofty perch and he only returned back to earth when a Green Goddess fire engine arrived with ladders to allow give prison officers and police access to the roof.

Poddy also gained notoriety by appearing in court dressed as a frogman after his infamous world frog swallowing record attempt in 1974, when he swallowed a live frog at a Market Drayton pub and washed it down with a pint of black and tan.

• Like 2