Anybody know much about import charges?

So I was wondering if I ever fancied buying something from simpleshot in America what charges should I expect . Do you get charged per item or for the full cost etc.

If anybody is clued up on it can you shine some light on it because I don't have a clue.

Cheers

Edited by wuyang

Just order it here:

http://www.slingshotchannelstore.de/english/

Coming from Germany, so no extra charges or import duties ;):thumbs:

Cheers ......I noticed a link on here not too long ago for there. I managed to ruin my scout by putting slits in it for tubes, one side I did perfectly with a little saw, the other side I decided to use the dremel which ended up in cutting and melting at the same time...probably used the wrong attatchment. I nearly bought the torque from the slingshot channel, but I ended up buying a maxim and jelly bean from simpleshot........I'll post the charges on here when I get stung.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was wondering if I ever fancied buying something from simpleshot in America what charges should I expect . Do you get charged per item or for the full cost etc.

If anybody is clued up on it can you shine some light on it because I don't have a clue.

Cheers

I have just seen on an American slingshot site that simple shot mark all international packages as gifts, so there is know duty to pay, if your not already sorted
  • Like 1

Cheers

I have just seen on an American slingshot site that simple shot mark all international packages as gifts, so there is know duty to pay, if your not already sorted

That's exactly what's been done. It states on the package exactly what's inside and the prices of each item.

The package was marked as gift and I haven't as yet received a charge.

I have read however that if the gift exceeds a certain amount charges will apply and as far as I'm aware I'm sure the limit was in £30 bracket...I could be wrong.....seems very hit and miss.

Cheers

That's exactly what's been done. It states on the package exactly what's inside and the prices of each item.

The package was marked as gift and I haven't as yet received a charge.

I have read however that if the gift exceeds a certain amount charges will apply and as far as I'm aware I'm sure the limit was in £30 bracket...I could be wrong.....seems very hit and miss.

i don't think you would have your package if there was money to pay mate, my mate had the postman knock his door and demand the money before he would hand his parcel over, enjoy your catty and show us some piccy,s