Nice Bit Of Rain, The Pup Took Full Advantage

i had a txt earlier today of a friend asking if i fancied a run out tonight with the dogs as there was a nice band of rain forcast so we thought it best to take advantage. the night didnt start the best with my mate being a hour late but we cracked i run the pup first few runs to which he had the first 4 rabbits on the bounce.

The pup was a little wound up and hard work in alot of ways tonight perhaps the malinios blood made him a little keen, but you have to take the rough with the smooth with young dogs. as the night went on and we settled the dogs quietly picked up a few rabbits missing a few along the way but we had the weather in our favour so the pup had a good chance of catching 1 or 2.

if i hadnt got to be up early in the morning then it would have been interesting to see just how the pup would have got along as he still had plenty more runs in the tank if i was sensible with him. although i cut the night shorter than i would have liked to we ended on 15 rabbits with the pup accounting for 10 of those at the tender age of 7 months and my mates dog the other 5. pics to follow later when i get back in from my trip.

• Like 5

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i had a txt earlier today of a friend asking if i fancied a run out tonight with the dogs as there was a nice band of rain forcast so we thought it best to take advantage. the night didnt start the be

cheers. that little incedent dont seem to have bothered him at all which is a good thing. he was very head strong i dont think the ferreting i done the weekend helped matters much but i know he will a

. When Jaz was a young pup she bit me across the thy trying ta get at something trigg all training and taken for what it was a moment of madness she was very very difficult but I won the battle and w

Posted Images

It's pissed down all night from when we went out with dogs and still raining now as I've just got in,am not complaining tho dogs stretched there legs atb mud

the rain was just spot on here. my mate said it was pissing down at his place this weather is long over due.

• Like 1

i had a txt earlier today of a friend asking if i fancied a run out tonight with the dogs as there was a nice band of rain forcast so we thought it best to take advantage. the night didnt start the best with my mate being a hour late but we cracked i run the pup first few runs to which he had the first 4 rabbits on the bounce.

The pup was a little wound up and hard work in alot of ways tonight perhaps the malinios blood made him a little keen, but you have to take the rough with the smooth with young dogs. as the night went on and we settled the dogs quietly picked up a few rabbits missing a few along the way but we had the weather in our favour so the pup had a good chance of catching 1 or 2.

if i hadnt got to be up early in the morning then it would have been interesting to see just how the pup would have got along as he still had plenty more runs in the tank if i was sensible with him. although i cut the night shorter than i would have liked to we ended on 15 rabbits with the pup accounting for 10 of those at the tender age of 7 months and my mates dog the other 5. pics to follow later when i get back in from my trip.

. Good going trigg the drive there and he little incident ain't bothered him .atb bunnys.

. Good going trigg the drive there and he little incident ain't bothered him .atb bunnys.

cheers. that little incedent dont seem to have bothered him at all which is a good thing. he was very head strong i dont think the ferreting i done the weekend helped matters much but i know he will adjust with time.

IMG_3146_zpstvzrexus.jpg

IMG_3145_zpsyp0g86yz.jpg

heres a couple of pics of the catch taken just has it was getting light.

• Like 5

cheers. that little incedent dont seem to have bothered him at all which is a good thing. he was very head strong i dont think the ferreting i done the weekend helped matters much but i know he will adjust with time.

IMG_3146_zpstvzrexus.jpg

IMG_3145_zpsyp0g86yz.jpg

heres a couple of pics of the catch taken this morning just as its getting light.

Well done mate he is coming on a treat. The rabbit population down here is terrible hardly any about and got myxi on my bit

its not brialant here at the moement to be honest mate. its hard to find a nice spot where the rabbits are green, so i need to put the weather in my favor. theres spot where there are plenty of rabbits but the young inexperienced lads hunt them you put the lamp on and the rabbits are gone you may just get to run 1 rabbit in some fields if you are lucky.

It a good bag that for the pup your making me to rethink my strategy to bringing my pup on maybe a bit more lamping is the way forward atb

ive put alot of time into the pup to get his fitness levels up. hes been thrown in at the deep end from day one.

• Like 1