D Lloyd Lamps

D Loyd I have kept quiet about this as you are a lad trying to make a living but with your comments I am going to say it how it is .

Anyone looking to buy an LED don't ...I bought a LED tracer 1000 when they first came out a few years ago and they weren't cheap near £300 at the time ..I fitted it to my .222 and was bitterly disappointed there seemed to be too much glare of the silencer or so I thought so i put non glare tape on the silencerand fitted a plastic tube to the end of it made a bit off a difference but the beam just didn't cut it at anything over 150 yards and if there is a bit of moisture in the air the beam has a lot of glare back ...the amount of times I had Charlie in the sites and just wasn't comfortable with the shot ...I would say I am a decent shot with the rifle but respect my quarry too much ...so it was fitted to the .22 that's all it's good for .

I bought along with a few other lads I lamp with the the plr500 at the start of last season ...we thought it was the dogs bollocks ......as you say no heavy battery and the beam seemed decent enough ...but as the season progressed we soon found out that the LED just doesn't cut it for serious lampin to the point we star ted doubting the dogs the amount of gear they missed ...lamping just stopped becoming enjoyable in fact we were ending the night short heading home fukin frustrated so the lamps were binned ...I have thermal NV so new there was gear there but the LED just didn't pick it up even stuff quite close in ...we all smashed up our LED lamps and went back to the halogen set ups with the lithium battery and the difference is huge .

These LED lamps are what they are cheap and easy to carry about but don't make them out to be something there not for anyone who takes there lampin serious

i am using the 150 led just started with it this season mate. i took 2 dogs out with me the first night just to see if the beem colour made any difference to them which it didnt. so far ive never had it go flat on me. as i said on a post before( time will tell with it.) admittingly it took me a few nights out to get use to it. missing spotting a few rabbits aint a bad thing as they are for next time lol. my pups has been brought on with the 150 and has no problems either. i use to use the lance lamp with a 30watt bulb before hand so ive never been one for lots of light. sometimes i would put the striker head on for a little more distance but it isnt really needed around here i dont think.

• Like 1

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once you have tried thermal NV it will blow your mind how much stuff you have missed with just lamping

I will drop you a PM now mate. I'm up for that. D Lloyd sent me the 120 in exchange for a honest review on here and he knows I won't lie. If your halogen shows the LED up then I will be the first to c

Picked up the DL 120 Gamekeeper from D.Lloyd on here.   It arrived 2 days after I sent the money and i have to say - what a piece of kit!! Technology really is at its finest on this lamp. Very tigh

Had my tracer 150 for 2 seasons caught everything you can in this country.

Still getting the same run time ,still in one piece,still never managed to run it flat in one night, have run it flat when I didn't charge it so probably got a night and 1/2 out of it.

Also have a lightforce 170,and haven't used it since.

Dogs run well on it ,not a fan of the filter ,but I never liked any filter on any lamp tbh.

Each to their own I'd say ,but if you ain't happy after buying on line ,and you ain't used it ,send it back .

• Like 2

D Loyd I have kept quiet about this as you are a lad trying to make a living but with your comments I am going to say it how it is .

Anyone looking to buy an LED don't ...I bought a LED tracer 1000 when they first came out a few years ago and they weren't cheap near £300 at the time ..I fitted it to my .222 and was bitterly disappointed there seemed to be too much glare of the silencer or so I thought so i put non glare tape on the silencerand fitted a plastic tube to the end of it made a bit off a difference but the beam just didn't cut it at anything over 150 yards and if there is a bit of moisture in the air the beam has a lot of glare back ...the amount of times I had Charlie in the sites and just wasn't comfortable with the shot ...I would say I am a decent shot with the rifle but respect my quarry too much ...so it was fitted to the .22 that's all it's good for .

I bought along with a few other lads I lamp with the the plr500 at the start of last season ...we thought it was the dogs bollocks ......as you say no heavy battery and the beam seemed decent enough ...but as the season progressed we soon found out that the LED just doesn't cut it for serious lampin to the point we star ted doubting the dogs the amount of gear they missed ...lamping just stopped becoming enjoyable in fact we were ending the night short heading home fukin frustrated so the lamps were binned ...I have thermal NV so new there was gear there but the LED just didn't pick it up even stuff quite close in ...we all smashed up our LED lamps and went back to the halogen set ups with the lithium battery and the difference is huge .

These LED lamps are what they are cheap and easy to carry about but don't make them out to be something there not for anyone who takes there lampin serious

Don't make out like this is first time you have slated LEDs on my posts mik if you spent£300 on a lamp more fool you.you not ever had any off me so maybe you should be complaining to Trace not here.as for making a living lol this is more about showing lads the don't have to get ripped of for over spending like you did by a bit of fancy advertising. As for dogs missing game I can't see that being LEDs as the lads iv lamped with dogs see fine as do theyer Oweners.every other comment in the past iv ignored but like I sed bit boring now.

• Like 1

Still getting the same run time ,still in one piece,still never managed to run it flat in one night, have run it flat when I didn't charge it so probably got a night and 1/2 out of it.

Dogs run well on it ,not a fan of the filter ,but I never liked any filter on any lamp tbh.

and youve managed not to lose it lol.

• Like 1

I don't agree with that MIK. I've had some good nights lamping with LED lamps and been out with lads who do ALOT more than I do and they use LED too.

No problem spotting gear with them or keeping stuff in the beam for the dogs. And I'm not just talking about little rabbits.

Maybe some lads have different eyesight to other lads cuz the ones who say they can't spot rabbits with the LED lamps have definitely got different vision to me. Lol.

No need to slate all LED lamps fella just because you didn't get on with the Tracer 1000 or PLR 500. The 120 knocks spots off either of them and technology is progressing all the time.

Aye maybe our eyes and our dogs eyes are different up here

My eyes and my dogs eyes could see fine up there

I still prefer my halogen and lithium and use that for serious lamping, maybe its because i've used one for so long BUT i've had some bloody good fun with the LED and for a few fields local it's just the job.

Just orderd one for my mate who seen mine in action and wanted one for the same job.

Again, first class service from Dai. The lamp arrived today. Thank you.

Gay lamps for gays them Bosun haha At

I'll let Kev know when he comes to pick his up. haha ;)

I don't agree with that MIK. I've had some good nights lamping with LED lamps and been out with lads who do ALOT more than I do and they use LED too.

No problem spotting gear with them or keeping stuff in the beam for the dogs. And I'm not just talking about little rabbits.

Maybe some lads have different eyesight to other lads cuz the ones who say they can't spot rabbits with the LED lamps have definitely got different vision to me. Lol.

No need to slate all LED lamps fella just because you didn't get on with the Tracer 1000 or PLR 500. The 120 knocks spots off either of them and technology is progressing all the time.

Aye maybe our eyes and our dogs eyes are different up here

I'm not sure what the explanation is fella but ive got no reason to say I like the lamps when I don't. Game is thin on the ground round here so if the lamp was missing stuff then I would be back to halogen in a flash. As it is the LED suits me down to the ground. Easy to carry, cheap to purchase, do the job sound. And cheap enough to lose and get another if the situation arises.

• Like 1

and youve managed not to lose it lol.
Haha you know me too well lol

I'm not a fan of the led, the light is all wrong for me. I prefer the warm colour that a halogen gives you, when I lamp local it's on the hills so it's always a fine mist blowing about and the glare back off the led makes lamping tricky.

These led lamps are handy things for the ease of carrying them if nothing else, chuck it in your pocket and away you go

I think you close to me mate iv sold more LEDs to local lads than any thing

Right Gaz I am going to invite you and your dogs up here bring your best top of the range LED light....I will pay for your fuel both ways and will put you and your hounds up foc and you will made most welcome ....to stay as long as you want ....you will see enough gear in a night to keep your dogs busy I can guarentee you that but these rabbits know what a dog and a lamp is so there will be no kick up slips ...we can discus this all we want on THL regarding the advantages of halogen lamps with lithium batteries over LEDs ...as I know it's absolutely nothing to do with my eyes ...I say these lamps are shit you say they are not so let's prove it .

DLoyd I have nothing against you but don't try and make out these lamps there something there not

• Like 3

used one of the led lamps at the start of the season the plr 500 killed 100s or rabbits with it and a few big rabbits within a few a month or 2 of hard lamping the battery was f****d would only last a hour or so from full,there good if u run small land there great but i just dont think they cut it for bigger land or if its a light night struggle to hold game in the lamp iv gone back to the blitz now and its alot better lamp or atleast suits me better [/quote

Did your shop replaced it for you?

Right Gaz I am going to invite you and your dogs up here bring your best top of the range LED light....I will pay for your fuel both ways and will put you and your hounds up foc and you will made most welcome ....to stay as long as you want ....you will see enough gear in a night to keep your dogs busy I can guarentee you that but these rabbits know what a dog and a lamp is so there will be no kick up slips ...we can discus this all we want on THL regarding the advantages of halogen lamps with lithium batteries over LEDs ...as I know it's absolutely nothing to do with my eyes ...I say these lamps are shit you say they are not so let's prove it .

DLoyd I have nothing against you but don't try and make out these lamps there something there not

you cant get any fairer than that mate.

Don't make out like this is first time you have slated LEDs on my posts mik if you spent£300 on a lamp more fool you.you not ever had any off me so maybe you should be complaining to Trace not here.as for making a living lol this is more about showing lads the don't have to get ripped of for over spending like you did by a bit of fancy advertising. As for dogs missing game I can't see that being LEDs as the lads iv lamped with dogs see fine as do theyer Oweners.every other comment in the past iv ignored but like I sed bit boring now.

You come along with GAZ then also if you are that confident in your product it will be great sales pitch and you will make a fortune

Just got in from comparing it to 140 tracer with 100 w bulb. And without looking at the hid 170 next to the 120 I'd say they are near on par, which I didn't expect at all. I eat my words. Took couple vids aswell. Not sure how they turned out.

But the bin at 250 odd yards I could see with my eyes with the filter on, if it was a fox you could pick it up easily. Looking at the phone, don't think camera could pick it up quite as well lol

• Like 2

I will drop you a PM now mate. I'm up for that. D Lloyd sent me the 120 in exchange for a honest review on here and he knows I won't lie. If your halogen shows the LED up then I will be the first to come on here and say as much. It's not let me down yet but I'm happy to give it a good test.

I wouldn't take a penny off you for fuel and my dogs are shit. But you're on. Lol

• Like 4