1St X Saluki

Anyone breeding a 1st x after x mass/next spring? Looking for a pup early next year...Based in southern Ireland and the dog we have is getting on in years now.If theres anything going you might keep us in mind thanks...we like the dog to multi task so a few different quarries will be pursued,,,not just a big rabbit dog

Edited by Puzzled
  • Like 1

cause I have one all ready and shes been a brilliant dog,taken all kinds of everything consistently,,,and I have access to some well bred salukis saturated dogs but my preference is a 1st x..

Edited by Puzzled

Some odd good 1st x's off mike, however, its a gamble, as the first x in my experience either comes very good or bad, its pot luck, but when you get a good 1st x, their hard to beet as a good all rounder and pot filler.. :thumbs:....Mike is a good start, over a good greyhound bitch. I know of Mike full saluki, not far from me, and Brookie did a good job breeding him. :thumbs:

It's finding one with good breeding that will be the hard part, and like folk said why would you want a first cross when you can get very good Saluki bred Lurchers?

I have a 1st x and she is a very decent dog and id be happy to get one like her,i do a bit of everything,not just an out and out coursing dog...

Edited by Puzzled

It's finding one with good breeding that will be the hard part, and like folk said why would you want a first cross when you can get very good Saluki bred Lurchers?

I have a 1st x and he is a very decent dog and id be happy to get one like him,i do a bit of everything,not just an out and out coursing dog...

Were the Saluki and Greyhound of a decent stamp??? Why don't you put him over another first cross or a good lurcher, should make handy dogs. You got a pic?