Hanwag Boots

Got a pair of Alaskas for beating and digging.Done 20+ days beating up to now and had a few digs and they are still like new.Comfy and light.How much are the ones you are looking at?

I think the ones I was looking at ranged from £190 to £240 off the top of my head......

I looked at this particular brand because I've heard of a few people rating them for quality and durability,

any info I can get is much appreciated, as I don't want to dive in and spend the money if they are not what they are bigged up to be,

at the moment and for the past 10 to 12 years I have been wearing Lowas, but fancy a change.

cheers,

jay.

cheers for the input guys...........still undecided, I can be a bit of a pain when making decisions on buying something different.........lol

wifes nagging me because she wants to buy them for Christmas........

all the best

jay :thumbs:

Edited by jayjay

Jay; sorry to add another to the mix but I love my lundhags!

They don't have a waterproof lining but you make them waterproof by applying a treatment to the leather. Believe me it works brilliantly. On the rare occasions when your feet feel a tad wet then the boot dries out much quicker than a boot with a waterproof lining which, if water does get in, will act like a plastic bag and not let the water out!

Also, partly due to the lack of a lining, they're generally much lighter too.

Jay; sorry to add another to the mix but I love my lundhags!

They don't have a waterproof lining but you make them waterproof by applying a treatment to the leather. Believe me it works brilliantly. On the rare occasions when your feet feel a tad wet then the boot dries out much quicker than a boot with a waterproof lining which, if water does get in, will act like a plastic bag and not let the water out!

Also, partly due to the lack of a lining, they're generally much lighter too.

Lowa evo's dry out quickly, submerged one of my boots last season when jumping over a drainage ditch at the back of a waterlogged strip wood, some sort of design in them to aid water to pump out as you walk, feet stay warm aswell with the primaloft insulation

I have a pair of as new Meindl gents Glocker boots size 8 which I would sell. They are the Meindl size 8 and are excellent walking boots, plus they will last for digging. They cost me £225.00.Pm myself if interested. Of course we could come to an agreement. My twin brother use's them also and one particular pair last 8 seasons, what with walking, digging and doing the various pest control on the estate in the Goyt valley, Derbyshire. The Meindl GLOCKER for sheer quality, ruggedness and its overall boot that is one hell of a a boot.

You may be asking why I'm selling my Glockners? Well that is a simple answer as I have Diabetes, so I find them rather sore at times. I'm thinking of the memory foam system.

Whereabouts do you live as if we are not too far apart I could take you to a friends shop in Nottinghamshire, but I'd make sure of twisting his arm in order to get a good deal? Keep me informed about your decision.

Good Luck, Stephen...

I have a pair of as new Meindl gents Glocker boots size 8 which I would sell. They are the Meindl size 8 and are excellent walking boots, plus they will last for digging. They cost me £225.00.Pm myself if interested. Of course we could come to an agreement. My twin brother use's them also and one particular pair last 8 seasons, what with walking, digging and doing the various pest control on the estate in the Goyt valley, Derbyshire. The Meindl GLOCKER for sheer quality, ruggedness and its overall boot that is one hell of a a boot.

You may be asking why I'm selling my Glockners? Well that is a simple answer as I have Diabetes, so I find them rather sore at times. I'm thinking of the memory foam system.

Whereabouts do you live as if we are not too far apart I could take you to a friends shop in Nottinghamshire, but I'd make sure of twisting his arm in order to get a good deal? Keep me informed about your decision.

Good Luck, Stephen...

thanks very much for the offer mate, much appreciated.......but i'm a size 10 boot and slowly swaying towards getting a pair of meindle douvre extreme boots, cheers again.....

all the very best,

jay. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...