Air Gun License Scotland

Up date on the licence folks,

My local club membership was up for renewal on Wednesday so I thought I had better phone police Scotland on that phone number that's on the fee letters and see what was happening,

lad I spoke to couldn't have been more helpfull, all that he needed was the reference number that's issued with the fee and he could tell me that I had paid the fee and that my background check had been completed with no issues, told me my licence was ready to print and post and that they were waiting for a set number of licences to be ready to print then send them out as one batch proberly 500 at a time he said.

So that's it phone them and ask and you should get a straight forward answer but if you have had the fee letter things are looking good.

• Like 1

Up date on the licence folks,

My local club membership was up for renewal on Wednesday so I thought I had better phone police Scotland on that phone number that's on the fee letters and see what was happening,

lad I spoke to couldn't have been more helpfull, all that he needed was the reference number that's issued with the fee and he could tell me that I had paid the fee and that my background check had been completed with no issues, told me my licence was ready to print and post and that they were waiting for a set number of licences to be ready to print then send them out as one batch proberly 500 at a time he said.

So that's it phone them and ask and you should get a straight forward answer but if you have had the fee letter things are looking good.

Thanks for the advice, I was starting to get a bit worried that I still hadn't received the license after paying my fee!

If this "Air Weapon Licence" proves a successful measure in Scotland, by whatever measure it may be deemed a success, we'll end up with air gun licensing here in England. You just watch. Over 3 million air rifles and pistols in circulation would make a hefty return at 70-odd quid a time. :hmm:

• Like 2

Yes I can see this happening same as with the smoking ban in bars was started up here also.

But I can see it benifiting air gunning as a sport,

For example I hadn't owned a rifle since my teens but they have been talking about the licence coming in for a few years so once my young lad was born I decided to buy an air rifle and then join a club just so that my kids could have the same opportunity to use air guns when they are older,

This licence has made people like myself take action to protect our right to enjoy the sport, without the threat hanging over us in form of a licence I might not have been so determined to get back into it but am now glad I have. I enjoy getting back out into the country side and knowing where my game meat has come from I am also enjoying the learning of the bush craft/field craft required (it is turning more into a lifestyle choice than a hobby) too much junk food on offer in the supermarkets!

I also know that club membership throughout Scotland has increased allot this year so much so that new clubs are now having to be formed to deal with demand, this can only be good news for our sport.

From BASC

"As we are expecting there to be a large number of applications and the Police are struggling under their current workload it is best to apply early. If you have applied for an air weapon certificate before the 31st October 2016 and your certificate has not arrived by 31st December 2016 you will be able to continue to hold (but not use) your air weapon even if the certificate has not yet been issued. If you make an application after the 31st October 2016 and have not been issued with a certificate by 31st December 2016 you will need to make alternative storage arrangements until you have your certificate."

Updates here

http://airweapon.scot/