Air Gun License Scotland

Hi folks, looking for a bit of information from you scottish air gunners out there......

I have received a letter back from police scotland asking for a £16.80. does this mean i am on way to getting my license or can i still be refused?

Iv also heard few diffrent people getting asked for diffrent payments but not sure why? any information would be much appreciated.

thanks

Billy

Thanks Cobra I have heard stories about people paying the fee then being refused afterwards but these stories are hearsay are there any members out there who actually have had this happen to them so far and when are you renting a storage locker south of the border

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had the letter asking for the £16.80. Would have preferred the full 5 year term though! I've already started inheriting guns from folk with nowhere to shoot and looking forward to picking up a bargain as we get closer to January the 1st. Quite a hassle for a law-abiding responsible shooter to go through though.

• Like 1

I've got a 35k the build quality is great on these rifles mines only three years old though

Best of luck with the licence

Yes the 35 is basic but has been a great gun and served me well. Only put a scope on it a few years back, just used the open sights before that which for close up work i actually prefer, might put them back on yet as i have a scope on the AA S410.

Not expecting any issue with the license but you never know.