Sportdog Gps Trackers

• 2 months later...

I have the tek 2 I know they little more expensive but believe they track better and longer distance

Do you rate these mate ? I have had Garmin models for last 7 years maybe more ,bought the 430 not long back but cant get it down graded to work in UK so still using alpha 100 ,maybe time for change to make /model sold in UK

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I got the Tek 01 and really pleased with it... I use it on one on my Terriers who hits a line and can travel some distance and I go out a lot on my own quite a lot working big areas of cover, I had to modify the collar slightly to fit the dog and also tiewrapped the B&f locator module underneath the GPS receiver on the sportdog..

I gotta say I'm pretty impressed so far and certainly takes a lot of the stress away when trying to find your dog on your own

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

buster if the dog stops for a few minutes and moves off before you get there can it store where it stopped by manual input or automatic

you can do this mate, the triangle icon for the dog turns to a dot and the hand held vibrates to tell you the dog has stopped. If you want to save the location you click on to way points and it gives you the option to save your location or the dogs, click the dogs and it saves as dog1. You can then follow the compass to that location, it also comes in handy to save your vehicle as a way point before you set off if there's a possibility it could get foggy, it's pulled me out the shit a few times!
  • Like 2

Hi Lee

How have you found it works for distances ?

cheers

hi mate, I use the sport dog on my beagles and my mate uses a garmin alpha, iv tracked the hounds with both systems side by side and there isn't much difference in the update time and the distances is from you to the hounds is always the same. I've never tested it further than 3 miles but to be honest the hounds very rarely go further than 2 miles, with the sort of ground we hunt game seems to run more in big circles rather than a straight line. So far there never been a situation were you can see the hounds on the garmin but not on the sport dog, so far im impressed with it and the fact you can by collars from the uk with a 3 year warranty makes things a lot easier.
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...