Best Dog For Hare On Small Fields

HArd as nails ain't I cause got a bullx ? Pre ban ain't had any for a long time. Gamerooster go by ur name an roost ur birds u minge. Seems u ain't got a life u fat slob

Pre ban with a young dog bans over a decade old now mind
  • Like 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the best rabbit lamping dogs I've ever watched was a first cross pit bull X greyhound ',,this was back in the late ,s early 90s,,,small bitch 22 inch would runn all night,,and did...   Don't

wee bitch up n at them,big or small land doesnt matter.

23" a handy size for anywhere

Posted Images

I ain't on about what I got now ?? come down next time let dogs talk ?

So when you was 12? ! I'm only running a 10 month old pup at the moment bud my regular bitch is injured and I'm not really into how you go about it ??
  • Like 1

Been doing it years I'm 26?. Don't be like that I'm all legit LOL. Ur the lad that wanted the dam to my dog?

Not what I heard ! I wanted it because my misses bought it for her X and he bred that litter you got your pup out of for one and sold it because it jibbed
  • Like 1

Been doing it years I'm 26?. Don't be like that I'm all legit LOL. Ur the lad that wanted the dam to my dog?

Not what I heard ! I wanted it because my misses bought it for her X and he bred that litter you got your pup out of for one and sold it because it jibbed
lol that bitch ain't jibbed the lad that owned her ain't got a clue. Aww don't be scared everyone does little bits that's naughty ?. U don't buy someone something then expect it back just plain stupid, will speak to the bloke now that's got the bitch an tell him he's got a jibber. I'm out u change ur mind the lads will bring u down not gonna carry on over this?

lol that bitch ain't jibbed the lad that owned her ain't got a clue. Aww don't be scared everyone does little bits that's naughty ?. U don't buy someone something then expect it back just plain stupid, will speak to the bloke now that's got the bitch an tell him he's got a jibber. I'm out u change ur mind the lads will bring u down not gonna carry on over this?
I couldn't make heads or tails of that but I don't really give a monkeys about it all I'm bored in work ! Just like winding you up because you bite at everything it's great

Great ain't it proper melt

Proper melt I genuinely couldn't care a lot of people have seen my mutts work ! I know you bite and I'm boring waiting to go to Yorkshire tonight wouldn't care if you had the best mutt in the country you just come on here hitting you do this and that most of its illegal just give it break and enjoy you mutt or you will have you door kicked in my police simples
  • Like 3

Fields, moorland most days and nights excellent pot fillers collie whippet greyhound attachicon.gifDSCF4143.JPG

I've a 3/4 whippet, 1/8 grey 1/8 collie about 23" that is an up an at um type, does ok on small fields. never be a world beater, certainly never run many with fair law on big land but small fields is what he was brought for and what he does best.

post-2025-0-79855300-1478264556_thumb.jpg

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 6

I don't mind that people ,don't believe a certain cross won't do something without seeing it , but going out to put a lads dog down when you haven't seen it is wrong in my book .

There's types everyone likes and I'm sure they all have their limits ,but they choose them because they suit.

I personally wouldn't own a coursing bred dog , but I know what a good one is capable of,a lot more than running a hare into the ground.

Same as a bull cross ,they are more than a terrier man's dog ,if you pick the right one .

But this bickering over collie/deerhound/bull/Saluki/beddy etc etc bollocks is totally senseless and boring ,if you really don't like any an ingredient don't pick it ,but don't bitch about others that have. It's childish

Not saying I don't believe it cos I haven't seen it, I have seen a few bull/greys and lurchers with a fair amount of bull in running at all the usual quarry, and none of them caught a hare or a deer that didn't panic and bounce off a fence back into the dog. That's what I HAVE seen. I've not seen as many bull x's at work that other people might have. And yes, it might've seemed at the time that I was slating king's dog/dogs, but I wasn't really, it was just bull x's and the heavier bull x types generally. :thumbs: @ king if you're reading this.

You're right though, many different types of lurcher about, and many different types of owner. And again, many types do what isn't really expected of them.

Anyway, like I said, even though my old dog caught me a fair amount of game, I wouldn't entertain another lurcher with beardie in lol.

As for best type for hares in small fields, well I don't think it's as straightforward as that, there are too many variables to give a definitive answer, ie some big dogs are far quicker and more agile than others, some small dogs aren't as agile as some big dogs, but can run for two-three minutes with ease etc etc.

Generally I just used to go for a type I like or fancy, whilst keeping in mind I din't need or want a really good rabbit dog, and let nature take it's course and hope for the best.

And yep, all this bickereing etc is childish lol.

Edited to add, I wasnt really singling king's dog out, he does look in good shape, just not my type of dog :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1