Best Dog For Hare On Small Fields

Why not a bull cross? :ninja:

Because you recon a bull x cant even catch rabbits.

Didn't say that. I said my old dog would catch more game in six weeks than your bull x could in six months.
Would that be by weight or numbers :D
Both :D. The old dog's long dead and buried now, but he was a very good dog, with no bull blood in him, and his father was ............... hancock's 'taffy' :o !! Lol :thumbs:

Edited to add, would I have another beardie blooded dog? Not a cat in hell's chance!

Lets have a list of game that this dog caught in 6 weeks shark.

Pre ban obviously.

A few rabbits, but mostly hares and deer, roe and fallow. That ok?
Not really.

I asked for numbers of stuff you caught with this hancock world beater in 6 weeks.

But you wont give them.

Bad crack when you slate another mans dog.

Wether its mine or someone elses.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the best rabbit lamping dogs I've ever watched was a first cross pit bull X greyhound ',,this was back in the late ,s early 90s,,,small bitch 22 inch would runn all night,,and did...   Don't

wee bitch up n at them,big or small land doesnt matter.

23" a handy size for anywhere

Posted Images

Best dog for hare on small field.is there a line of coarsing dogs that excelled at this.

Dogs seemed to have more and more saluki in them. Fen dogs ????

I want a real fast un. But could go out and have a good 5 + runs

Is the gate on the left or right of the field?

Where's the nearest oak tree?

Exact length of grass?

Will you be running on a date with "2" in it?

........ In other words stop trying to pin a certain badge to a certain breeding..... None of the above make any difference, just get a dog from parent doing what you want.

All this waffle of 22",23",24"

Get a Lurcher, it will catch stuff. (Except mine)

Matt

Lol lol.... ya twat

Why not a bull cross? :ninja:

Because you recon a bull x cant even catch rabbits.

Didn't say that. I said my old dog would catch more game in six weeks than your bull x could in six months.
Would that be by weight or numbers :D
Both :D. The old dog's long dead and buried now, but he was a very good dog, with no bull blood in him, and his father was ............... hancock's 'taffy' :o !! Lol :thumbs:

Edited to add, would I have another beardie blooded dog? Not a cat in hell's chance!

Lets have a list of game that this dog caught in 6 weeks shark.

Pre ban obviously.

A few rabbits, but mostly hares and deer, roe and fallow. That ok?
Not really.

I asked for numbers of stuff you caught with this hancock world beater in 6 weeks.

But you wont give them.

Bad crack when you slate another mans dog.

Wether its mine or someone elses.

Numbers, I couldn't really say offhand. Not too many rabbits, rabbits have never really interested me, but a fair amount of hares caught both day and night, and enough venison to see me and my family with more than enough, and also earn me a nice amount.

Didn't really slate your dog, or didn't mean it to come across that way. Didn't say my dog was a worldbeater either, and he wasn't a hancock, and the c**t did my head in on many occasions lol, and the reference to him catching more in six weeks than your two dogs put together would in six months was, I admit, a trifle over the top maybe, but over the years, after seeing a few bull x's, just bull/grey, and lurchers with quite a strong bull influence in them out in the field, being outrun on practically everything they've been slipped on, and then plenty of people, not all admittedly, claiming that they are taking everything with these dogs, well I have never seen em do it, and it sort of gets to you when you keep reading it, and I still say that they aint going to be as useful an allrounder as many other types/crosses.

And the six weeks wouldn't have been six consecutive weeks lol.

Anyway, enjoy your dog, he is looking in good shape :thumbs:.

I don't mind that people ,don't believe a certain cross won't do something without seeing it , but going out to put a lads dog down when you haven't seen it is wrong in my book .

There's types everyone likes and I'm sure they all have their limits ,but they choose them because they suit.

I personally wouldn't own a coursing bred dog , but I know what a good one is capable of,a lot more than running a hare into the ground.

Same as a bull cross ,they are more than a terrier man's dog ,if you pick the right one .

But this bickering over collie/deerhound/bull/Saluki/beddy etc etc bollocks is totally senseless and boring ,if you really don't like any an ingredient don't pick it ,but don't bitch about others that have. It's childish

• Like 4

I had a big numb blue dog that would wop hares in small fields.I'm reading this and

Size is mentioned quite a lot. f**k the size.it either can or can't. And I mean regular not just the odd one.and over 6 seasons. Get something bred right and out off something that's been doing it.then you have half a chance.and stay away from whippets they can't even stop the draft under your door.

Always liked the look of that big dog, where've you been anyway freeze dried, or doing hard time ?

They out of my old bitch-she had to have emergency section, lost them all bar a bitch and 2 dog pups.ginger beard there's no whippet,deerhound,gsd,malinos, pointer or Hancock in them =) lol see if they keep the freezers full when the time comes ;).atb dc