Best Dog For Hare On Small Fields

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the best rabbit lamping dogs I've ever watched was a first cross pit bull X greyhound ',,this was back in the late ,s early 90s,,,small bitch 22 inch would runn all night,,and did...   Don't

wee bitch up n at them,big or small land doesnt matter.

23" a handy size for anywhere

Posted Images

Why not a bull cross? :ninja:

Because you recon a bull x cant even catch rabbits.

Didn't say that. I said my old dog would catch more game in six weeks than your bull x could in six months.
Would that be by weight or numbers :D

Both :D. The old dog's long dead and buried now, but he was a very good dog, with no bull blood in him, and his father was ............... hancock's 'taffy' :o !! Lol :thumbs:

Edited to add, would I have another beardie blooded dog? Not a cat in hell's chance!

Lets have a list of game that this dog caught in 6 weeks shark.

Pre ban obviously.

I like whippets n whippet types there real good fun I might even get a brace one day but as already said its not just about having a run on a small field as drop on a gudden that knows what a dog is on tricky land n one field can become 2 n 2 can become 5 it would be cruel to ride the gauntlet like this regular with dog that doesn't have the tools for the job, get a pup from the right strain of saluki lurcher that throw quick agile yet durable dogs with a good gob n gearbox, hope yours gets all the right genes raise it like a champ hope for a bit a luck n hey presto..

• Like 3

Why not a bull cross? :ninja:

Because you recon a bull x cant even catch rabbits.

Didn't say that. I said my old dog would catch more game in six weeks than your bull x could in six months.
Would that be by weight or numbers :D
Both :D. The old dog's long dead and buried now, but he was a very good dog, with no bull blood in him, and his father was ............... hancock's 'taffy' :o !! Lol :thumbs:

Edited to add, would I have another beardie blooded dog? Not a cat in hell's chance!

Lets have a list of game that this dog caught in 6 weeks shark.

Pre ban obviously.

A few rabbits, but mostly hares and deer, roe and fallow. That ok?

Best dog for hare on small field.is there a line of coarsing dogs that excelled at this.

Dogs seemed to have more and more saluki in them. Fen dogs ????

I want a real fast un. But could go out and have a good 5 + runs

Is the gate on the left or right of the field?

Where's the nearest oak tree?

Exact length of grass?

Will you be running on a date with "2" in it?

........ In other words stop trying to pin a certain badge to a certain breeding..... None of the above make any difference, just get a dog from parent doing what you want.

All this waffle of 22",23",24"

Get a Lurcher, it will catch stuff. (Except mine)

Matt

• Like 8

Smaller fast type coursing bred

What lines ????

ones that are doing the job on that sort of land, Romeo for example put back to smaller fast type bitch would likely produce something your after, seen a Dickinson bred one my pal had was perfect for that sort of running, look for smallest in litter maybe, by rule of thumb a real good un will kill anywhere, think if hare the main quarry you better off with this sort cos they will soak up the hack of repeated runs, and should never really be overfaced on smaller land when hares at there best, cos thy either gunna catch em or they gunna be gone

Edited by arcticgun