Trapline Mole Traps

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with the trapline mole trap . I always use the duffus with talpex as a back up , but I've got ajob to do where these maybe the option . I have a childrens play area to clear . Apparently 2 other pest control < ( national companies ) , have tried but had their traps nicked . I cannot use Phostoxin on here for obvious reasons , so it has to be traps , but I want to use a very discreet trap other than my usual duffus traps .

I only mentioned Phostoxin as at a fleeting thought I thought it would save the possibility of loosing any traps......

I have some traplines already and generally use them along side concrete paths or similar where space maybe at a premium.

• Like 1

Personaly i dont use them as i find them to fiddly for my sausage fingers,also i find them dubios to say the least... so much so they got binned.Im happy using the putanges and odd time my talpex if needed.

But each to there own i suppose.

They do need bedding into the bottom of the run , just slightly . When I do use them I also attach a short piece of 1.2mm birdwire to the loop by the trigger with a crimp then a make another loop at the other end again with a crimp . . So you have the trap with a short piece of wire attached with a loop at one end . The purpose of this is to then put a wire mole marker through the loop to hold the trap firmly in place..

As said already not my go to trap , but will try on this job and report back. :yes:

Binned them , never binned a trap yet , especially at nearly £7 each plus vat ... :cray:

I should of said "Binned" in the loosest sense lol

If i have no use or the trap is inferior at worst i will bin it or sell it, but not before testing the said trap for a period of time or tunning it. If i cant get on with after that, its pointless to keep it but if others find a use then happy days.

• Like 1

Putange are good. Trapline, you might as well throw them at mole hills! I am sure some have got some success with them, personally not a chance.

Took me a while with the 'trapline', alot of messing about, to achieve a decent, 'capture rate',......downside, not always 'humane' ?,....'putanges', seem to work well, & probably more 'humane', a capture, than the trapline ?,....well, thats only what ive 'gleaned', on here ?,......(havent used them, no need , personally)

i only use traplines and i find them easy to use very humane and have a very good capture rate . they unfortunatly still get nicked as unless you have a photographic memory or some form of marker that is invisible to the public they go i had over 40 nicked from a golf course i did over 12 months if you still have the traplines lying about give us a pm mate

i only use traplines and i find them easy to use very humane and have a very good capture rate . they unfortunatly still get nicked as unless you have a photographic memory or some form of marker that is invisible to the public they go i had over 40 nicked from a golf course i did over 12 months if you still have the traplines lying about give us a pm mate

"very humane" ?,...not every time, for me,.....just down to an individuals, experience, with them, i suppose ?...

Only had to put 8 in on Thursday , checked this morning , one very dead mole caught cleanly around the head . Also the play area they are in had the grass cut on Friday , no-one realised the traps where in and none where damaged.

so far so good , I must be one of the ones they work for .

As above if anyone has any they don't get on with , pm me and i'll take em off your hands.. :yes:

• Like 2