2016 Season Ends

Well that was the last day of the 2016 never touched a fish today ...fished a good pool that a mate of mine had just been through ..I had to leave earlier than planned as one of my dogs is not good with an infection so had to head home and dose him ....said " right this is my last cast of the season " he came in behind me and got into this tartan cock that's been hanging about for a month or 2

It's been a funny season I never even made 30 salmon and the back end run was pretty non exsistant ....had my biggest fish on the fly though ... my young lad caught his first salmon and the craic has been fierce... saw more 20 plus fish this season that never before and have seen a real croc well over 30 all this week in the same lie but he had seen probably ever fly there is so wasn't playing ball .

Roll on February 2017 and hopefully get into some big springers.

post-88284-0-06124300-1477943714_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• 4 weeks later...

That lad never keeps any fish he only killed one fish last season caught the same day as that one but it was a bar of silver and it was only because someone wanted a fish .

Very bad practice killing a coloured fish like that ...I will only kill a fish unless I have to if the hook is down its throat and its bleeding at the gills ....you do your best to put them back but sometimes its not to be .

I had to kill this one a few years ago it was given every opportunity to swim away but after a very hard fight and bleeding at the gills I reluctantly chapped it ...a perfect specimen but it was a cock which isnt so bad and it fed a mates family for a few days .

post-88284-0-96630500-1481188625_thumb.jpg

• Like 5