Best Socks

i have the bridgedales.........not bad socks......., also use rugby or football socks, they seem to do just as good as any,

anyone tried the lorpen socks ????

I have a pair of these as well and I must either be allergic to some material in them, or they are rubbing my leg in some way......every time I wear them I get home take boots of and my legs from my calf to my ankle look like I been sun burned and are quite sore for a day or two........

Edited by jayjay

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've genuinely worn them all , no I'll tell you what son remark   I was involved in trialling socks for wider use age,,   Sealskins, in wet and I mean horrendous sideways socking your trousers do

Really? I find that cutting my toenails regularly improves their longevity   Cheers, D.

Excellent socks, been wearing them for years highly recommended.     Also recommend these as well     Darn Tough   SINDASOX

Love my Bridgedale's, wear them all year round, got quite a good few pairs of them, good tip is make sure you turn them inside out to wash them.

Makes a hell of a difference to how long they last, was getting holes in mine before i did this, had no holes since i started doing it.

SINDASOX

Love my Bridgedale's, wear them all year round, got quite a good few pairs of them, good tip is make sure you turn them inside out to wash them.

Makes a hell of a difference to how long they last, was getting holes in mine before i did this, had no holes since i started doing it.

SINDASOX

Really?

I find that cutting my toenails regularly improves their longevity :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 3

What STIFFMEISTER said is pretty much on point.

Bridgedales are great but hellish expensive.

I tried some army surplus wool socks,they were alright and cheap. Actually I still have a few going strong now so they can't be bad. Not as warm as the thicker Bridgedales obviously but if you saved your thickest socks for the coldest weather you'd be alright.

Can't get on with the sealskinz socks, feels like i've got my feet wrapped up in a freezer bag, just uncomfortable and plasticky. I'd rather have half a day of wet feet than a whole say with sealskinz socks on.

Anyway, if you treat your boots right and Wear gaiters it's not very often I actually get wet feet.

• 4 weeks later...