Best Socks

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've genuinely worn them all , no I'll tell you what son remark   I was involved in trialling socks for wider use age,,   Sealskins, in wet and I mean horrendous sideways socking your trousers do

Really? I find that cutting my toenails regularly improves their longevity   Cheers, D.

Excellent socks, been wearing them for years highly recommended.     Also recommend these as well     Darn Tough   SINDASOX

I have some Barbour wool socks,I got them around 25 years ago,still wearable,if Barbour still sell socks have a look at them,warm as toast.

25 years be fukced, where've they been in a display cabinet ?

Lol,no mate,packed away in storage in a unit,gave them a wash when i found them,good as new.

• Like 1

During the colder months i have worn ex swedish army socks for the last 4 years now . Greeny-brown coloured all wool , nearly knee high and very warm , hence the reason only wear them in the colder months.

Although ex surplus , they where new , just been laying in storage.

• 2 weeks later...

Bridgedale are good but Sealskinz are the bees knees!

waterproof Sealskinz for me to corkman but don't let the missus tumble dry them ,not as water resistant after that :/

Yip, I'd agree with that.... but my missus got a hold of them and did exactly that and gave them too much time in the dryer and they got all screwed up. On the hunt for another pair but all the army lads have them bought up! A good sign when they are buying them!!

• Like 1

Sealskinz are good if youve got crap boots but a bit OTT for going shopping etc.

Ive worn them for about 15 years on the MTB but they are quite thick if your footwear is "cosy"

Bridgedales all the way for me from thin layering to thick 3/4 seasons ones.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Bridgedale are good but Sealskinz are the bees knees!

waterproof Sealskinz for me to corkman but don't let the missus tumble dry them ,not as water resistant after that :/

Yip, I'd agree with that.... but my missus got a hold of them and did exactly that and gave them too much time in the dryer and they got all screwed up. On the hunt for another pair but all the army lads have them bought up! A good sign when they are buying them!!

i suppose if id have read the stitching on the inside were it says dont TUMBLE DRY things would have turned out differently :icon_redface: , got mine in, go outdoors, not sure if you have the store near you, its a bit pricey but better than wet feet ,,,, bad sign when your troops have to buy their own socks :blink:

• 4 months later...

I've genuinely worn them all , no I'll tell you what son remark

I was involved in trialling socks for wider use age,,

Sealskins, in wet and I mean horrendous sideways socking your trousers down into your boots rain , sealskinz ar fine....if you don't mind microwaves and n your boots

I would never wear them in anything less than a hurricane

Bridgedales, best socks, if it's a case of three to four days on the go at a time, pricey but can be found in tk maxx and are reasonable when used with a discount code / loyalty card thing from Cotswolds / blacks / millets etc

Imho 14 15 quid a pair isn't a lot , however , and this is strange , I always find I reach for them in all eventualities meaning I burn through 5 or 6 pairs a year , not a lot but ripping them on eyelets , thread bareing the heel in the washing machine isn't ideal at nearly 20 bar a pair

So for the last few years I've tried a few other brands, I walked up killimangaro without a heat spot in 3 pairs for a £5 karrimors from sports direct

I tend to wear karrimors now, as an everyday sock for work in boots and as ankle socks when running

Personally he always look at spending the extra money on a better pair of boots , rather than the managers special in a walking shop

Food for thought, a good mate of mine is a professional mountain guide, Himalayas, alps, mount blanc, the eiger etc all on his resume,

He wears football socks

• Like 4