Alternative Longnet Basket?

patterdale

I remember a blue barrel/bin used as one. There was a thread about it I think.

I imagine it needed holes in the bottom to let the water out and also might catch the wind when you put it down after setting the nets

But It did look good

• Like 1

I made one of these a few years ago in about 10 mins , ,dead easy to do,,and I like it better than any of my baskets ,,it's just smaller lighter and neater al round...

However,,,the plastic is to thin,,and the bits where the poles go,,bends out of shape cos it's to thin,,,

Now I could kick myself for not picking up some difrent drums lying around on one of our spots last year,,,I'm deffo going to pick them up later this year when where on...

They were a thicker plastic,, more shaped like a Jerry can but slightly wider,,

• Like 1

I made one of these a few years ago in about 10 mins , ,dead easy to do,,and I like it better than any of my baskets ,,it's just smaller lighter and neater al round...

However,,,the plastic is to thin,,and the bits where the poles go,,bends out of shape cos it's to thin,,,

Now I could kick myself for not picking up some difrent drums lying around on one of our spots last year,,,I'm deffo going to pick them up later this year when where on...

They were a thicker plastic,, more shaped like a Jerry can but slightly wider,,

Them Shopping baskets in Supermarket looked even better to me...already shaped to fit and with a little bit of work should be perfect.. Next time you fill up on Ginsters..? :whistling: