Just One

terryd

My eldist daughter found a rabbit recipe in a cook book of hers and requested a bunny. So thanks to sir crash a lot being on sick leave for the next ten years it was time to get the nets out. He was far from impressed

30305950450_0e9d7f9472_c.jpg

I had a drop in mind but the wind was wrong and its more of a late drop. But not to be put off away we went.

After hopping over a couple of gates the next obstacle was a track with an electric fence either side. I was swinging the net infront to try to find the wire when I near got it right in the mouth. Some one had pulled it really tight and because there was a dip it was really high so I just walked under it lol. Started running the net out and despite being a bit rusty it went well. Ran a 50 then another 20 yards just to cover enough ground to hopefully get one. Started walking out and around the far side of the field singing as I went which would be enough to get most things moving.

Got back to the net and mission was accomplished a nice prime tender rabbit in the bag.

29972116963_ef4d897191_c.jpg

the wind was not ideal

29972108453_a56c00e18d_c.jpg

30488901422_b4cf33eb12_c.jpg

• Like 13

My eldist daughter found a rabbit recipe in a cook book of hers and requested a bunny. So thanks to sir crash a lot being on sick leave for the next ten years it was time to get the nets out. He was far from impressed
30305950450_0e9d7f9472_c.jpg
I had a drop in mind but the wind was wrong and its more of a late drop. But not to be put off away we went.
After hopping over a couple of gates the next obstacle was a track with an electric fence either side. I was swinging the net infront to try to find the wire when I near got it right in the mouth. Some one had pulled it really tight and because there was a dip it was really high so I just walked under it lol. Started running the net out and despite being a bit rusty it went well. Ran a 50 then another 20 yards just to cover enough ground to hopefully get one. Started walking out and around the far side of the field singing as I went which would be enough to get most things moving.
Got back to the net and mission was accomplished a nice prime tender rabbit in the bag.
29972116963_ef4d897191_c.jpg
the wind was not ideal
29972108453_a56c00e18d_c.jpg
30488901422_b4cf33eb12_c.jpg

That is what it is all about, :thumbs: you want a rabbit so you just go and get one.

• Like 3

Do you know them pegs I had off you Allan are still as good as new. I have made some extra ones as I built up my net collection and the seasoned hazel seems to last an age. Got to be 5-6 years old

Edited by terryd

Do you know them pegs I had off you Allan are still as good as new. I have made some extra ones as I built up my net collection and the seasoned hazel seems to last an age. Got to be 5-6 years old

Pegs do vary in the time they last, I suppose it is down to if there is a fault in the wood? I still have some unused pegs that I cut 20 years ago, they are a lot darker but still sound.

TC

• Like 1

Best write up in a long time. I can see yopu now, walking the field singing to your hearts content

just count your self lucky you weren't there to hear it :laugh:

Was it a rendition of Bright Eyes or Run Rabbit Run Rabbit ? :laugh:

:laugh::laugh: I like it

Well done T Im out tomorrow to check out a new spot, wont sleep tonight... :laugh: will post later atb

Look forward to it you lucky devil lol :thumbs: get them long nets out at night they will be bulging assuming you can get the pegs in

• Like 1

Well done T Im out tomorrow to check out a new spot, wont sleep tonight... :laugh: will post later atb

Look forward to it you lucky devil lol :thumbs: get them long nets out at night they will be bulging assuming you can get the pegs in

Have a rubber mallet just in case

Nice one Terry

got to do some thing on these dark nights :)

Is the dog healing up well?

Atb

hard to say really the barbwire cuts healing up good. Just the detached muscle bit that's an unknown. Looks good one minute then like a dead duck the next. Time will tell :thumbs: