Same here Keith,never had such a headstrong/stubborn dog.Aiiways been firm/consistent with pups and never had any problems,had to have a rethink with this fella...in his head the wife and daughter were "fun" and I was the moaning get following him round saying NO,dialled it down a bit and things improved almost instantly,his recalls good but not perfect,sometimes when I whistle him back in he just sits the other side of the field and stares at me lol we then have a staring competition lol if he wins and I end up going to him,its back on the lead and keep him on it for a bit,he does it far less now....His retrieving is improving daily,was dropping dummy 5/6 foot from me ,now more and mre its straight to hand,just do a couple a day with him mind,push it any more and he runs of with it....To be honest hes tried my patience more than any dog Ive ever had,the terriers and bulls were a piece of cake by comparison lol.Another thing I found is I have to reinforce even simple things with him,its like has memory wont last more than 24 hrs,very frustrating ,but we,re starting to understand each other...sorry for wwaffling ,Mist looks well atb Dave

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Your pup sounds the same as mine was very head strong she more like a terrier than a whippet I have also had to be very firm with her or she just doesn't listen am taken her for her first trip out with the ferrets next week al do my best to get some pictures 

Edited by Rusky1984