Spey Rod Advise

My grandson is keen to go fishing with my son next year , and are playing a fishing trip just after my grandson 15 birthday , now he quite a big lad around 5ft 9 ,any one recomend a good beginer samon spey rod weight and size etc and price for decent set up .as me and his gran said we would buy him complete outfit for his birthday ,

Even though I think your a grumpy old c@nt I have a 13 ' set up with reel running line and shooting head he can have for nothing as it just sits in my garage gathering dust ...anything to get a young lad started

• Like 9

Even though I think your a grumpy old c@nt I have a 13 ' set up with reel running line and shooting head he can have for nothing as it just sits in my garage gathering dust ...anything to get a young lad started

even though I thought u was whopper . maybe I have mis judge u fella thanks for offer of rod its very Good of to offer it , I do have some old rods in the garage he could use , but if you could advise rod size etc make model best line etc would be really nice of you. Thanks for the offer fella though !! Edited by scottish lurcher
  • Like 1

No worries ...I bought my young lad one of these this season he's only nine and has nearly mastered it

https://www.anglingactive.co.uk/shakespeare-oracle-exp-switch.html?sel=16310&gclid=Cj0KEQjwqMHABRDVl6_hqKGDyNIBEiQAN-O9hASAk72Z_MOyWLvs45Ue2_wYpPEAuyv5K1-USD_Gb6IaAsyq8P8HAQ

An unbelievable rod for the price not just the action but the quality of the blank ,rings and handle ....a very forgiven rod as well ...I have the 11ft set up with airflow forty plus lines that act like a shooting head that roll casts with eeze but easier to cast than skandi heads so ideal for a beginner .

If truth be known I picked up this rod more than my more expensive set ups the past few outings last month I was fishing with a famous footballer that fished with it for a few days and went out and bought one .

I can't recommend these rods enough for value for money

Hope that helps

No worries ...I bought my young lad one of these this season he's only nine and has nearly mastered it

https://www.anglingactive.co.uk/shakespeare-oracle-exp-switch.html?sel=16310&gclid=Cj0KEQjwqMHABRDVl6_hqKGDyNIBEiQAN-O9hASAk72Z_MOyWLvs45Ue2_wYpPEAuyv5K1-USD_Gb6IaAsyq8P8HAQ

An unbelievable rod for the price not just the action but the quality of the blank ,rings and handle ....a very forgiven rod as well ...I have the 11ft set up with airflow forty plus lines that act like a shooting head that roll casts with eeze but easier to cast than skandi heads so ideal for a beginner .

If truth be known I picked up this rod more than my more expensive set ups the past few outings last month I was fishing with a famous footballer that fished with it for a few days and went out and bought one .

I can't recommend these rods enough for value for money

Hope that helps

many thanks for help advise for grumpy old Cnut maybe get one myself as I liked a smaller rod due to motobilty issues after breaking my pelvis start of year Would I be able to get these on ebay as my son has account ? Also at that kind of price recomend any decent budget stocking foot waders and boots for him too . Edited by scottish lurcher
  • 3 weeks later...