Working After Litter

Got a bitch here about 3years old had a litter , tried her back too work , ,I'm guessing too early , , she seems too of lost that keenness , she would scream too get in an earth which has been marked , anyway she has left too in drains , admittedly she couldn't of got too them through obstruction, one had debri inn and the other was partially collapsed , but I thought she would of been keen too try and get on instead of coming out , had a bit of bad luck with her as in the last two earths where it bolted before she really worked them hard , she had a big litter and I'm guessing her head is a bit all over the shit with hormones , in the pass she never let me down , I will give her time and try her again , just wondered on any other exsperiences , , ; her pups would be about 11 weeks now , she was dried up but a little saggy , frustrating and I'm sure I have t gave her enough time , she had nine pups , it must of beat her about a bit , any advice would be good

Cheers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hormones, I've seen bitches hard as nails after a litter and I've seen bitches never work again after a litter. .......woman problems, men weren't meant to understand

I think you've answered your own question there mate. Get her tightened up make sure she has everything she needs, give her plenty of exercise and road walking, a good worming, good grub and plenty of

She had nine pups, and if reared properly then she had them til 8 weeks, and if they are 11 weeks now,then he's trying to work her after 3 weeks of coming away from them, she must be absolutely exaust

I think you've answered your own question there mate. Get her tightened up make sure she has everything she needs, give her plenty of exercise and road walking, a good worming, good grub and plenty of rest and hopefully she'll pick up where she left off prior to having the litter.

• Like 11

Might be a case of too much too soon give her a a month off get her back tight and fighting fit maybe let her watch another dog at a dig doing there job while she is chained up near to where the baying is going on might just flick the switch in her head and back she goes ?? But who knows mate only you as she's your bitch and you no what she can do .

Alright mate, my bitch has just came off a litter recently an was her first outting on Sunday, we dug her twice in 2 big testing earths maybe abit to much to soon for her but she worked like she hadn't even been on a litter,, think it's a case of every dogs different so I would take the lads advice an try her again in a couple of weeks, hope she comes good again for you mate atb

Thanks for the comments , , dilly dog she worked the earths brilliantly , , and was baying in one of the earth and then it bolted, literally straight away , just don't make sense with the drains , ,she would be screaming too get inn , will give her the chance she deserves

• Like 2

The original bitches I had from a Stevens dog to a McCoy bitch would literally stop or go very poor a couple of weeks before they broke down, almost as though they'd never worked before. Once their heat cycle was over they came back hard as nails until they settled down through work. If I had a litter out of one of them they'd come back almost suicidal, it was so obvious it didn't take many examples for you to spot it, it slapped you in the face.

All any of us can do is give them a chance to settle down and put their heads right, FFS we give the same benefits to the misses at least once a month lol

• Like 7

as most lads have said give her time and get her work fit, unlike dilly on here i found that my bitches and even my greyhound bitches were in top fettle leading up to their season wasnt unusual to improve a length or two before they were in season then after it they had to be given time to get back to something like normal.

Ketchum remember that old bitch jess I had she was nice and steady all the time I had her untill I had some pups of her ... Like dilly said some bitches go suicidal..an that the way she worked for a few times out .but she soon steady back down an ticked away at em again ... Misses that little bitch..

• Like 2