First Cross Collie Greyhound ???

Call me what you want to mate but they are not good dogs, if you want a dog that's gunna take well to rabbits on the lamp and the odd fare enough get a collie cross but expect it to be knocked up for most of the winter months, do not have high hopes of it taking anything that bites back, if that's the kind of dog you think would suit your needs then by all mean give David a ring I'm sure he has pups available 24 hours of the day every day of the year haha

I can only speak as I find ,max is seven and still takes everything and anything.

You have a collie cross that's single handed on everything and anything, sorry I'm not buying it, not calling you a liar just don't believe it has been truly tested...

Not everyone wants to smash 3 a night 4 nights in the week, some just want a dog that whatever pops up the dog can catch, in the same way a 22 rimmy wouldn't be my first choice for foxes but the can and do drop foxes well..... that old adage of horses for courses, there's bull greyhounds that can kill daytime quarry well but would fail miserably on the fens..... judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree and it will forever spend it's life thinking it's not good enough

What if its a Cat-fish?.

• Like 1

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very good dog, I've a bitch out of him here.  

It really amuses me, people who spout about collie crosses without ever owning one. Most crosses will, if entered correctly, do most jobs. I honestly think that some do not like the collie cross becau

Here he is max. Farther to totes pup

Posted Images

Call me what you want to mate but they are not good dogs, if you want a dog that's gunna take well to rabbits on the lamp and the odd fare enough get a collie cross but expect it to be knocked up for most of the winter months, do not have high hopes of it taking anything that bites back, if that's the kind of dog you think would suit your needs then by all mean give David a ring I'm sure he has pups available 24 hours of the day every day of the year haha

I can only speak as I find ,max is seven and still takes everything and anything.

You have a collie cross that's single handed on everything and anything, sorry I'm not buying it, not calling you a liar just don't believe it has been truly tested...

i take it the 93 in your user name refers to your year of birth.your just a boy you aint seen nothing yet.
I'm a dad of two pal, not seen nothing yet? I was terrier man for the atherstone hunt for 3 winters mate proberly handled more stuff than you Iv bred lurchers that all pups have grown to have very good reputations doing all quarry, and I have a boat load of good dog men contacts across the country, just a boy haha behave yourself.
  • Like 1

i take it the 93 in your user name refers to your year of birth.your just a boy you aint seen nothing yet.
I'm a dad of two pal, not seen nothing yet? I was terrier man for the atherstone hunt for 3 winters mate proberly handled more stuff than you Iv bred lurchers that all pups have grown to have very good reputations doing all quarry, and I have a boat load of good dog men contacts across the country, just a boy haha behave yourself.

Being a dad as little bearing on anything,watch Jeremy Kyle,Terrier men are often a poor indicator of lurchers and with your contact list you don,t have one person with a decent insight into Collie bred lurchers,id throw that little black book into the same pile as the quilted bum wipes.I can see where you are coming from,id not own a first cross Collie bred lurcher,id not own the majority of Collie lurchers bred,does that make them all dross?,most perhaps,yet there are many out there that equip themselves well enough and behave well above average,its totally naive to walk the walk,talk the talk and dismiss Collie bred jukels.

• Like 4

Shaddy I know of a few collie greys that were 100 per cent of teeth and has for not tested ac the terrierman often spoke of on here had a good one billy tested more than a lot of bull xs then theres lynx Heidi Ben etc even know of lab grey take more season after season than some of theses super bulls xs you hear about but reading your post the fact were you mention you have handled More says it all

• Like 1

This threads a joke! It's literally laughable haha would love you boys to come down here with your super collie cross and prove yourselfs, muppets

The majority of the folk who most admire the Collie own Collie cross crosses.You take life to serious mucker.

Haha mature...

"Too thick to own a collie cross"

"Every lurcher should have abit of collie in it"

"My collie cross takes anything and everything"

Ahh it's so cute all you collie greyhound lovers genuinely believe you have the best dogs in history haha my first dog was a collie cross very fast bitch catching rabbits with ease on the lamp at 10 months old she was a natural, she was also good on fox (pre ban) but you won't see me sitting here saying she was 100% single handed and totally silent on EVERYTHING that bites back nor will I say she was strong enough to pull 3 red hinds single handed in one day like bull crosses Iv owned and bred, your all deluded it's quite clear.

• Like 1

That's exactly what your calling me. And I'm not selling it. This dog has been tried and tested For 5 years and never ever come up wanting. It's a bit of an insult to imply Ive done my dog up to something he's not. Drop me a line your more than welcome to see for your self.
  • Like 3

I know a collie grey in Scotland that shys away from nothing and he's more collie than grey !!

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen !

I only believe what I see ! Seen a 3 legged dog work this weekend eye opener

• Like 6