First Cross Collie Greyhound ???

Richie. What are you hoping for mate big dog or medium size to put to her? Pm if prefer. Know lot of guys with jackers lol

lol think i have a dog lined up pal cheers the breeding will be a first x collie grey over my beddy grey bitch he is 26tts and my bitch is 20tts hoping to get a nice bitch pup around 23tts out of it Edited by Richie87
  • Like 1

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very good dog, I've a bitch out of him here.  

It really amuses me, people who spout about collie crosses without ever owning one. Most crosses will, if entered correctly, do most jobs. I honestly think that some do not like the collie cross becau

Here he is max. Farther to totes pup

Posted Images

think I have been sorted lads thanks. but in all fairness I have seen some excellent collie cross dogs over the years but all have been dogs bred by no named lines just from a working farm collie to what ever and i have found it very hard finding a good first cross collie and can assure it don't pick it's runs and wont run half harted. I have thought about this for some time now and will be putting a first cross collie grey over first cross beddy grey. I will be keeping a pup and if every thing turns out right with the pup few years down the line it will be going back to a Beddy x. don't ask me the method in the madness but like i say thought about this for a while now and we will see the out come in the end thanks for all the help just got to wait for a season now to get the ball rolling thanks for all the help atb

Good luck Richie hope your sorted, sound a interesting project,keep us all posted on how it's getting on
cheers and will do pal

Richie. What are you hoping for mate big dog or medium size to put to her? Pm if prefer. Know lot of guys with jackers lol

lol think i have a dog lined up pal cheers the breeding will be a first x collie grey over my beddy grey bitch he is 26tts and my bitch is 20tts hoping to get a nice bitch pup around 23tts out of it
who's dog is it mate.

Here was just looking through the posts there on the collie crosses. Seems to be a common fault there of collies "picking their runs" couldn't think of anything worse. I've a wee bitch pup here with a good bit of collie in her shell not be staying if she does that lol

• Like 1

In all fairness ,looking at the adverts on pets 4 homes etc,price is creeping up on lurchers, an anyone can say what their dogs do/did,or pose with some roadkill , there's certainly plenty of people that either don't know what's in their dogs,been told lies or made up lies about what's in their breeding.so if you want a genuine collie Lurcher you either got to Wait till one comes up, for sale ,or go to hancock.

• Like 1

some one said 1st x collie grey wont entertain teeth??? bloody hell lads ive owned one that would rip the rubber from jeep window to get out on one would smash through hedgerows leap gates etc -this dog hated them from 11 months old --laid up for winter???? not on ya nelly there as tough as owt good feet solid boned great coats -negative side -yes if its a bunny dog your after they do get too clever for there own good and do pick there runs they can be huffy twats as well but would I have another ===in a jiffy ,I haven't had a lurcher now for many years but im waiting in line for a good greyhound bitch to break down to put to a mates working collie

• Like 4

Let us know how pups turn out doing the same next year with beddy greyhound first cross my sons running going to put it across my 3/8 5/8 collie greyhound bitch I have here she will be 6 then both used with terriers round cover and holes so hopefully get something to do the same

• Like 1

Call me what you want to mate but they are not good dogs, if you want a dog that's gunna take well to rabbits on the lamp and the odd fare enough get a collie cross but expect it to be knocked up for most of the winter months, do not have high hopes of it taking anything that bites back, if that's the kind of dog you think would suit your needs then by all mean give David a ring I'm sure he has pups available 24 hours of the day every day of the year haha

Sounds like you've just seen shit ones.

I've seen a collie cross do teeth for fun. Hard as nails. Built like a tank and take a knock as good as any dog. Pretty sure the dog never even saw rabbits. He was used on bigger stuff before the ban.

• Like 2

It really amuses me, people who spout about collie crosses without ever owning one. Most crosses will, if entered correctly, do most jobs. I honestly think that some do not like the collie cross because the dog is more intelligent than them. I love them, I admire their sagacity, the way they can adapt themselves to almost any hunting situation, they are to me what a good hunting partner should be.

TC

• Like 12