Traffic Lights For Foxes

My lamp is red, but my torch is green. Don't notice any difference.

When I lived in Surrey I used to shoot at a farm really near to a main road. I found the amber to be good there because it matched the streetlights so didn't spook the quarry.

Are you for real the filter is to help you see the glare from their eyes better are you saying that foxes see colours

Not sure if they see colours as such, but they seem to see the different colours as maybe a different harshness of light.

Different, colour filters , affect the range of the beam , as said red not so good , green most likely see further ,

All will show eye shine , at diffrent ranges , really nothing to do if foxes can se colour or not ,

I did google that question and most likely they can't

Hence the question about Amber , will the beam be more visible at range to the human eye ?

Atb

I've tried all the filters and the one that works for me is the red as the eyes show up better in my opinion and you are right they will all show eye glare some better than others and it does shorten the distance of the beam using a filter and even better when your using a lamp with a dimmer switch on as for foxes seeing colours i very much doubt it ATB BB

Very interesting lads, just bought a mounted flashlight one with the different colour filters, used red filter before on a hand held lamp and was very successful with it until it got dirty and scratched being thrown back in the bag. Didn't have a clue about the other colours but I am going to make sure this time around that I am more careful with them. Thanks guys for the info ATB