Pick Up 4X4, What To Get?

Thinking about getting a pickup, any advice on What to get and not to get, looking for something 05 - 08. I know the Toyota hiluxs is spot on but they over priced. Looking for somthing with decent mpg mainly for roads, can pull the odd trailor and don't mind a muddy field, I'll be around 80% on road 20% off road. Any suggestions?

Atb.

unless there is a dealer very close by i would avoid the chinese pick up, toyota`s are vastly overpriced for the age of truck your looking at, prices are still based on the reliability of the one top gear tried to kill, THEY DON`T BUILD THAT ONE ANY MORE, HAVE`NT FOR YEARS, bit like the reputation the land cruiser has, all based on old models, older l200`s had major engine probs, not as bad as d22`s from nissan but not far off, as for their products (nissan`s) avoid, if the engine don`t throw a rod the chassis will fall apart, may be worth you looking into a personal lease on a new truck unless your a cash buyer

• Like 1

unless there is a dealer very close by i would avoid the chinese pick up, toyota`s are vastly overpriced for the age of truck your looking at, prices are still based on the reliability of the one top gear tried to kill, THEY DON`T BUILD THAT ONE ANY MORE, HAVE`NT FOR YEARS, bit like the reputation the land cruiser has, all based on old models, older l200`s had major engine probs, not as bad as d22`s from nissan but not far off, as for their products (nissan`s) avoid, if the engine don`t throw a rod the chassis will fall apart, may be worth you looking into a personal lease on a new truck unless your a cash buyer

Will be buying cash. Quite like the ford rangers and Isuzu rodeo.

• Like 1

Will be buying cash. Quite like the ford rangers and Isuzu rodeo.

rangers that age are not too bad, watch out for the sodding EGR intercooler (take the twat off) and there was a problem with some filling the rear axle with oil, don`t limit yourself to the ranger, even that one was still a mazda with a ford badge (BT50), its the later one that's a ford product and i`d finished working at a ford garage before that one was out for a year so don`t know that much about them but the Isuzu looks more of a work horse

• Like 1

Ever think of trying the Great Wall steed? 2.0 turbo Diesel engine

No not looked at them and not heard anything about them

I know a fella who bought one, raved about it at the hunt meets but sold it after 6 months and bought a Ranger.

Said it wasnt what it was cracked up to be, several problems but no idea what.

HTH

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Thinking about getting a pickup, any advice on What to get and not to get, looking for something 05 - 08. I know the Toyota hiluxs is spot on but they over priced. Looking for somthing with decent mpg mainly for roads, can pull the odd trailor and don't mind a muddy field, I'll be around 80% on road 20% off road. Any suggestions?

Atb.

old ford ranger or the l200

Make sure you get some stickers made for it part time hunter full time worker :haha::lol:

Got to graft. part time? Lol. still had 1000+ bunnies this season.

Don't forget to walk and brush your pets .

lol pets at home have got a sail on new pet brushes and shampoos going in the morning

• Like 1