Any Deerhound Based X Pup Suggestions.....

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Deer/grey playing on the beach        

Whilst the Germans don't kill Jews anymore some people still want to have the same pot filling lurchers or whippets like some people still use a catapult,yes they fell out of favour for bull xs or sal

Been thinking of getting a pup out of this old un before he gets to old.... if i find the right bitch

Posted Images

I'm after a pup, I've been looking for ages and I'm struggling. I was originally set on a half cross, but can't really find anything, so looking for suggestions and any decent litters around or planned?? (not keen on collies) thanks

Its a pity that you don,t want Collie in the mix,i firmly believe the finest lurchers ever created are Deerhoundy/Collie based.

• Like 2

I'm after a pup, I've been looking for ages and I'm struggling. I was originally set on a half cross, but can't really find anything, so looking for suggestions and any decent litters around or planned?? (not keen on collies) thanks

Its a pity that you don,t want Collie in the mix,i firmly believe the finest lurchers ever created are Deerhoundy/Collie based.
you're probably right, I just dislike the collie, always found them a nuisance and trying to bite you when you weren't looking on the farms..... I don't think they are rubbish by any means

you're probably right, I just dislike the collie, always found them a nuisance and trying to bite you when you weren't looking on the farms..... I don't think they are rubbish by any means

The best balanced Deerhoundy lurchers are better with something else in the mix,at times.I find the Collie influence brings an edge to the breeding that nothing quite comes close to,the Collie as an habit of doing that with lurchers.

• Like 2

The best balanced Deerhoundy lurchers are better with something else in the mix,at times.I find the Collie influence brings an edge to the breeding that nothing quite comes close to,the Collie as an habit of doing that with lurchers.
how could a collie x possibly bring anything good into a deerhound cross? Just curious as I'm not a fan of collie crosses full stop haha just my oppinion
  • Like 1

how could a collie x possibly bring anything good into a deerhound cross? Just curious as I'm not a fan of collie crosses full stop haha just my oppinion

I could possibly wax lyrical on the finer attributes of the Collie,attributes that have enhanced lurcher breeding since lurcher breeding started,alas i find it is a wasted cause when falling on limited vision and deaf ears.

• Like 6

I could possibly wax lyrical on the finer attributes of the Collie,attributes that have enhanced lurcher breeding since lurcher breeding started,alas i find it is a wasted cause when falling on limited vision and deaf ears.
Just wondering that's all, myself if I was to run a deerhound cross I wouldn't have it for rabbits or anything that looks abit like a rabbit there for I don't know why you would risk putting collie blood in there when let's be honest yes they are good at what they do rabbits and the odd long ear but anything with teeth there not the gamest of dogs, I'm not saying there's no collie greyhound out there that does the job on them but on average there a one or two trade dog, again Iv nothing against anyone that runs this cross i just find it mind boggling when people add collie to a bull x or deerhound x etc etc

Just wondering that's all, myself if I was to run a deerhound cross I wouldn't have it for rabbits or anything that looks abit like a rabbit there for I don't know why you would risk putting collie blood in there when let's be honest yes they are good at what they do rabbits and the odd long ear but anything with teeth there not the gamest of dogs, I'm not saying there's no collie greyhound out there that does the job on them but on average there a one or two trade dog, again Iv nothing against anyone that runs this cross i just find it mind boggling when people add collie to a bull x or deerhound x etc etc
Because the people that want collie in their deer or bull blooded lurchers are not interested in teeth they are doing edible quarry,and years ago ,the deer/grey x collie grey was the bees knees in lurchers crosses.
  • Like 2