Mk3 Reciever Not Working To Its Full Range

hi all,

as the title says, the receiver is only working to half of its range and it won't pick up the collars if more than 8ft away, I've had 3 seasons use out of it, and I purchased a new collar last week and it is the same with new collar so must be receiver...

is there anyone that could fix it, Deben maybe?? can they be fixed or is it best to just get a new 1...??

cheers ATB

tom heavy

Got 5 boxes here, use them a lot. I've know a few times in the past for the search to go down to 8ft and the locate to go down to 4ft instead of 16ft and 8ft. If this the case it needs recalibrating.

Top tip for deben boxes is to remove batteries by levering out with pen knife instead of tapping out into palm of hand. Atb.

• Like 1

I have found deben excellent for repairs and servicing.

As others have said check batteries first.

I have had some 9v batteries die after one session and collar batteries need replacing regular.

As soon as i start getting funny readings or inacurate ones batteries are replaced.

Just gone to rechargable 9v batteries to cut down on cost.

• Like 1

Tom, check your batteries mate. Last season I bought a pack of cheapo's off the 'net. First day's ferreting I put the collars together and could barely get a beep. Thought the box had died. After ten minutes of scratching me head, I twigged. Nipped into town and got some proper batteries for collars and box, and we were back in business. The cheap batteries must of been nearly flat from new (or very old stock). I don't by cheap batteries any more :no:.

Anyway, just a thought.

cheers mate,

I always change my batteries before the start of a new season, collars and 9v for receiver, your right it deffo worth buying a good quality 1's rather than cheapo, gunner send it to deben for a service mate,

cheers

ATB

tom heavy

• Like 2