Coursing Whippets

Nah....those American whippets look different.....surely it's not just me that can see this......not that it's a bad thing....not knocking them.

I am pretty familiar with whippets.......mine was a proper hard little whippet from show lines...( I'd def have a show line whippet for working)...I don't fall under the spell of all the sooty Sam Sales talk......I've seen plenty with signs of bull in them.

I'm a bit out of touch with them now, but I bet some of the best workers still come from show lines......wasn't Laguna and banatay or something good in their day.

Seen some big long show whippets up to 23'' tts but I could be wrong, Laguna and Banatay are good coursing lines

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just found this on youtubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deCRHPFJp2U one for the whippet fans

Weasel.put a good few to bed

NEVEDITH x HARRTPERRY

Posted Images

Early season or on the lamp they have a chance, im not going to big mine up and say he do 3 mins on the fens, but minute and half is relistic, and get 3 good runs out him. Think the problem is the size .speed wise i think there the same which makes the coarse exciting, but he hasnt got the top end to catch them up.a few bad turns my whipoet will struggel to get back on them.

Shoot and retrived fox and roe.not bad for a 20" 12 kg

Edited by Joshua Wheeler

My.old whippet dog took his fair share of hares in his day and a good number of fox 30+ over seven years not a lot compared to some of you lads but most were worked out of woodland and rough cover by him and sometimes with old Bedlington bushing

• Like 1