.17 Hmr Ammo New Stock, New Cost!

Agreed, just using the FMJ as an example of how a larger .223 centerfire rounds cost compares with the ever increasing cost of .17HMR rimfire.

The .223 ammo stated is cheap, but really of very little use in the field,fmj is really only suitable for target shooting.

Told you!

17hmr too expensive and not really any use.

If you need a centrefire, get one, I had a 17 when they first came out, £60 cleaning rods, wire brushes that last one go, oh dear the

list goes on and on.

Anyway mine's long gone, a 22.250 is the replacement, no runners, no split cases, and only steam rising from where the fox was last

seen standing.

You be the judge.

AF

• Like 2

I see one supplier has new stock of .17HMR at £17 per box! :cray: I can get .223 FMG for £41 per 100 (41p per round) If .17 HMR is now 34p per round and sees a further increase it will kill of the .17 HMR round for small game! :icon_eek:

Maybe there hiking the price taking advantage of lack of supply?

• Like 1

I see one supplier has new stock of .17HMR at £17 per box! :cray: I can get .223 FMG for £41 per 100 (41p per round) If .17 HMR is now 34p per round and sees a further increase it will kill of the .17 HMR round for small game! :icon_eek:

Maybe there hiking the price taking advantage of lack of supply?

It's called "taking the piss" a common practise in the uk. :yes:

If it's new stock it may be the fall in sterling against the dollar is having an impact? Still having a mare trying to source HMR ammo around here. Got a 100 mile round trip to stock up today - my two local RFDs are still short or out. One won't sell what he has left as he wants it for when he sells a rifle, and the other is down to his last 500 of Winchesters (which don't perform as well against the CCI-made stuff such as Vmax or Remington, for me at least). Tried a back-to-back test with Rem and Winchester yesterday afternoon and the current batch of Winchesters I've got were shocking. 3" POI shift at 100 yards, where as the Rems were cloverleaf at the same distance. :(

The problem is most .17HMR owners can't stock up due to small allowances on their FAC. I consider myself lucky in having a 1000 rounds held condition on my FAC. I have just under 300 rounds. What are other THL members held amounts and what do you have left in you favourite round? (Mine are Hornady V-Max)

I don't get it, ammo isn't cheap, it never really has been, if you have a requirement for HMR then you have a requirement for HMR, a .223 or 22-250 isn't a HMR.

I run a lot between .22lr and .308, I need them all, I take out the most appropriate for any job, not simply the biggest calibre or cheapest ammo!

ATB! :thumbs:

I don't get it, ammo isn't cheap, it never really has been, if you have a requirement for HMR then you have a requirement for HMR, a .223 or 22-250 isn't a HMR.

I run a lot between .22lr and .308, I need them all, I take out the most appropriate for any job, not simply the biggest calibre or cheapest ammo!

I disagree, if I pay £12.95 for a box of ammo April this year, which by October is £17.00 from the same supplier, surely in April it was `cheap` and in October wasn't!

I disagree, if I pay £12.95 for a box of ammo April this year, which by October is £17.00 from the same supplier, surely in April it was `cheap` and in October wasn't!

Bang on! again I also shoot a 6.5x55 again ppu suits the rifle @ £12.60 a box thats cheap compared to other brands which run up to £50+ a box