Whats The Best Boot

It depends on the person wearing them,there is hacking and there is hacking. Some lads wouldn't wear out a pair of slippers on a building site and others would want to kick a brick up the road in front of them and then complain when they burst. Hiax are a comfortable boot but same thing I got 6 months out of them. I've collapsed archs in my feet and the insteps are the first place the holes start appearing from the pressure. The boots were still intact but leaking after 6 months and then after 9 months the soles fell off. Maybe I'm just hard on boots but for 300 I'd expect to be buried in them when the time comes.

• Like 3

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm happy with my 30 quid haix army issue boots off eBay sod spending 300 on a pair of boots I've got kids to feed.

Haix, comfy, well made, good design, cheap, better than Lowa imo  Cheers, D.    

It depends on the person wearing them,there is hacking and there is hacking. Some lads wouldn't wear out a pair of slippers on a building site and others would want to kick a brick up the road in fron

Posted Images

It depends on the person wearing them,there is hacking and there is hacking. Some lads wouldn't wear out a pair of slippers on a building site and others would want to kick a brick up the road in front of them and then complain when they burst. Hiax are a comfortable boot but same thing I got 6 months out of them. I've collapsed archs in my feet and the insteps are the first place the holes start appearing from the pressure. The boots were still intact but leaking after 6 months and then after 9 months the soles fell off. Maybe I'm just hard on boots but for 300 I'd expect to be buried in them when the time comes.

I wreck shoes very fast as well but 300 quid you should get more than 6 months ffs! That is crazy.

I've the opposite problem to you (I think) I have over pronation which is very high arches so I wear the outside of my shoes down

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a few over the years, Altberg are very good, I had the defenders which I think are the best cheap boot around, I also had the gamekeeper which are even better. Hanwag sf are a nice boot too. I had danner boots but they were too tight for me so sold them to a friend, which he rates highly. Karrimor sf boots are good for the money too, but I preferred the defenders

I would recommend altberg defenders.. comfortable and haven't let water in yet..and they are worn regular, when trying to keep up with hounds..plus it won't Rob the bank to get them.

Although looking after them is more work than gortex type boots..

Glockner certainly get ym vote too.

My 18 month old Taigas look a state compared to my 5 year old Glockners, nowhere near as hard wearing despite being very comfortable and good to wear on the hill.

next pair will be Glockners of maybe try Lowa Hunters

Dan

Haix army surplus boots. Just make sure you order the goretex ones not the desert boots. I've worn mine pretty much all day every day since November. Barely worn wellies at all last season as they were so comfy. I wear them as work boots too so the get some abuse but still waterproof even in wet grass. I think they were about £40 off eBay.

• Like 3
Haix army surplus boots. Just make sure you order the goretex ones not the desert boots. I've worn mine pretty much all day every day since November. Barely worn wellies at all last season as they were so comfy. I wear them as work boots too so the get some abuse but still waterproof even in wet grass. I think they were about £40 off eBay.[/quote

My harkila ones just started leaking after three years , can't really complain they have done a fair bit of work but see a pair of haix on eBay for £25 , gortex lined so giving them a try . If I get twelve months out of them I'll be chuffed , at 65 it would break my heart to part with 200 sovs and the bloody boots out lived me ..new pair every year will do me ..?

Just recieved my new Lowa Mountain GTX replacements. I'll send my old ones of nearly 3 years off for resoling £60, I recon I will get another couple of years out of them.

I wear my boots loads, I'm either in them, wellies or Crocs unless I'm going to a wedding :laugh:.