Whats The Best Boot

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm happy with my 30 quid haix army issue boots off eBay sod spending 300 on a pair of boots I've got kids to feed.

Haix, comfy, well made, good design, cheap, better than Lowa imo  Cheers, D.    

It depends on the person wearing them,there is hacking and there is hacking. Some lads wouldn't wear out a pair of slippers on a building site and others would want to kick a brick up the road in fron

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
12 hours ago, neil b said:

Dedito boots are my boot of choice, easy maintenance and a good all round boot ? 

yes neil ive got a pair of dedito moorlands and they are comfy and still water tight and take a lot of stick i just hose mine down and let them dry off now and again igive them a good going over with altberg boot dressing wax ive had these boots about 7 years now and they are still looking good

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 04/10/2022 at 13:04, low plains drifter said:

Have you been up to the Altberg factory and been measured up?, I wouldn't have minded another pair of the Lowa hunters, but don't like the fabric lace hook they've replaced the riveted metal one with, looks like a weak point, these Lundhags are crippling, comfortable under foot, but the tough leather shank is cutting down into my ankles, might treat them with neatsfoot oil, feel like claiming a refund from Neal as  he's promoted them heavily

I winced when I saw you had Lundhags on....I had a pair years ago walked out onto the moor. I literally crawled back, blisters the size of footballs. I was close to tears, they stayed in the shed for many years then went in the bin. I still feel sick every time that I see a pair, good luck!

12 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

I winced when I saw you had Lundhags on....I had a pair years ago walked out onto the moor. I literally crawled back, blisters the size of footballs. I was close to tears, they stayed in the shed for many years then went in the bin. I still feel sick every time that I see a pair, good luck!

The secret with lundhags is to make sure you put the grease on them more frequently than usual when you first start wearing them and to wear them with two pairs of socks. I did this with my first pair and then only wore them for shorter walks at first. They ended up like gloves inside.

However, I have to admit I wasn't so lucky with my second pair. There must have been a fold somewhere in the leather when I tightened them up for lacing as, like you, I was in agony within a mile or so and I could only get by if I loosened them to the extreme. I ended up passing them on to someone on here. 

I'm on a third pair and these are comfy like the first ones. Having said that (re the recent barefoot thread) I'm seriously worried whether or not they'll fit now as I've been wearing vivobarefoots exclusively since March and my feet have been allowed to spread out so much that even my Altras rub my outer toes.🤔

36 minutes ago, Neal said:

The secret with lundhags is to make sure you put the grease on them more frequently than usual when you first start wearing them and to wear them with two pairs of socks. I did this with my first pair and then only wore them for shorter walks at first. They ended up like gloves inside.

However, I have to admit I wasn't so lucky with my second pair. There must have been a fold somewhere in the leather when I tightened them up for lacing as, like you, I was in agony within a mile or so and I could only get by if I loosened them to the extreme. I ended up passing them on to someone on here. 

I'm on a third pair and these are comfy like the first ones. Having said that (re the recent barefoot thread) I'm seriously worried whether or not they'll fit now as I've been wearing vivobarefoots exclusively since March and my feet have been allowed to spread out so much that even my Altras rub my outer toes.🤔

I just don't like them anymore lol. Especially when there are other boots around that are waterproof too. I have Diotto's 2 pairs that are excellent I had a pair of Dedittos for six years they have now gone. I have Lowas that are excellent also the old Altberg gamekeeper extremes which they no longer make. Also just got a pair of Hillmans which are literally like slippers. All these boots are comfortable, waterproof and durable. I'll stick to these and leave the Lundhags to you, lol.

ATB

6 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

I haven't bothered with them since new years day, had to cut my walk short and head back, felt like going barefoot they were chewing me, strange fit they are

2 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

I haven't bothered with them since new years day, had to cut my walk short and head back, felt like going barefoot they were chewing me, strange fit they are

I know exactly where your coming from. It was probably 25 years ago that I had mine and I still get that strange feeling when I see a pair now,lol.

• Haha 1
On 26/09/2023 at 10:52, Moorman 1 said:

I just don't like them anymore lol. Especially when there are other boots around that are waterproof too. I have Diotto's 2 pairs that are excellent I had a pair of Dedittos for six years they have now gone. I have Lowas that are excellent also the old Altberg gamekeeper extremes which they no longer make. Also just got a pair of Hillmans which are literally like slippers. All these boots are comfortable, waterproof and durable. I'll stick to these and leave the Lundhags to you, lol.

ATB

By Hillmaster, do you mean the Berghaus ones (which used to be Brasher)?

I used to wear their Supalite which was amazingly comfy and waterproof. The only thing I didn't like (at the time) was that they only lasted a year or two at most. I put a pair out in the garden as a planter after I'd finished with them but the waterproofing was so good that the plant kept getting waterlogged as no water could get out!🤣

Unfortunately, although people took the mick out of their original boots and described them as like ducks' feet, They fitted me perfectly, but when they changed manufacturers they slimmed them down and no longer fitted me. I've tried a few pairs on over the years but the people in the shops always say, "Sorry mate, these just don't fit you."

I even tried looking on ebay once in the hope that someone might have a pair of really old ones.