Whats The Best Boot

14 hours ago, Neal said:

Good luck with them. That's the problem with Lundhags now, I don't think any shops in the UK stock them so you can't try before you buy. I bought my first pair in Penrith Survival (I think that's what it was called; it was near Appleby) but it's closed down now.

Do you reckon we could become the new sole UK stockists for Lundhags, we could team up with Will Katchum, and make this country great again  ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm happy with my 30 quid haix army issue boots off eBay sod spending 300 on a pair of boots I've got kids to feed.

Haix, comfy, well made, good design, cheap, better than Lowa imo  Cheers, D.    

It depends on the person wearing them,there is hacking and there is hacking. Some lads wouldn't wear out a pair of slippers on a building site and others would want to kick a brick up the road in fron

Posted Images

On 30/12/2021 at 10:49, TonyT said:

Try Deditos mate...........google em

Ive just got a pair and i like em.

alot of keepers are wearing them as they dont scratch as easy in heather / bramble etc

still comfortable leather as well

ATB .....Tony

Recently seen a pair of these first hand and then googled their website. I must say, they look and feel really good, and for the price well worth a punt. ?

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I had lundhaag boots when in army from place in Penrith jist up the a66 from me, could never find a pair to replace them properly so stuck with the altbergs as that’s what I started with, got few pairs altbergs here now diff models, they do me an I rate them ?

Have you been up to the Altberg factory and been measured up?, I wouldn't have minded another pair of the Lowa hunters, but don't like the fabric lace hook they've replaced the riveted metal one with, looks like a weak point, these Lundhags are crippling, comfortable under foot, but the tough leather shank is cutting down into my ankles, might treat them with neatsfoot oil, feel like claiming a refund from Neal as  he's promoted them heavily

• Haha 3
On 04/10/2022 at 13:04, low plains drifter said:

Have you been up to the Altberg factory and been measured up?, I wouldn't have minded another pair of the Lowa hunters, but don't like the fabric lace hook they've replaced the riveted metal one with, looks like a weak point, these Lundhags are crippling, comfortable under foot, but the tough leather shank is cutting down into my ankles, might treat them with neatsfoot oil, feel like claiming a refund from Neal as  he's promoted them heavily

Have you tried using the lundhags oil? I must admit that one of my pairs was rubbing for a while, but I just followed their instructions and it sorted it out. 

I think it was something like applying it every time you wear them for the first half a dozen walks.

I'm tempted by the altbergs too but, when I tried some on in a shop in Devon, they didn't fit as well as the lundhags. 

6 hours ago, Neal said:

Have you tried using the lundhags oil? I must admit that one of my pairs was rubbing for a while, but I just followed their instructions and it sorted it out. 

I think it was something like applying it every time you wear them for the first half a dozen walks.

I'm tempted by the altbergs too but, when I tried some on in a shop in Devon, they didn't fit as well as the lundhags. 

I've given them a couple of coats of Wilmas Ladersmorning, I wore them for a few hours yesterday working in the woods, and had to undo the laces after a while, I think they'll be very good boots eventually if they mould right, but there's no way I could walk anywhere in them yet, thought they would have come with a tin of their oil, but no, would you not go for the Lundhags again? 

I've got three pairs: one pair of professionals (which would be fine oop north but I only wear them when it's well below freezing) and two pairs of forests. Actually, my first pair were called Scouts but it's exactly the same boot as the newer Forest. If I can find someone who can keep resoling these then I can see them outlasting me, but I can't help constantly researching alternatives...just in case.

3 hours ago, Neal said:

I've got three pairs: one pair of professionals (which would be fine oop north but I only wear them when it's well below freezing) and two pairs of forests. Actually, my first pair were called Scouts but it's exactly the same boot as the newer Forest. If I can find someone who can keep resoling these then I can see them outlasting me, but I can't help constantly researching alternatives...just in case.

?

hanwag-tatra-top-wide-gtx-brown-erde-uk-10-5--b672-main.jpg

• Thanks 1
On 08/10/2022 at 18:46, W. Katchum said:

What ye make of the defender boot by altberg, sorry if iv missed it sn you’ve already said 

I wasn't.fussed top of boot was a bit sharp on the calf, and.never seemed to break in, put my heavy lowas on and the comfort was back , I want a pair of danner pronghorn, half leather half nylon or whatever it is super comfy , but they're made in wee Willie winkies land , so I'm looking for a similar lightweight, plyable boot .... The search continues...

• Like 1
On 08/10/2022 at 18:46, W. Katchum said:

What ye make of the defender boot by altberg, sorry if iv missed it sn you’ve already said 

I don't think I've tried those. My problem is that my feet are particularly wide. People used to take the mick out of the original Brasher supalites and said they were shaped like a duck's foot, but they fitted me perfectly. Then when they moved the manufacture to Portugal and China, despite their protestations to the contrary, the shape became narrower and they no longer fitted me. 

I tried on a pair of adidas terrex once and I had to get a ten or eleven in order to fit width ways...even though I'm an eight.

I've had a few pairs of keens which were ok but my heel slipped a bit as, despite the wide toes, I've got slim ankles.?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Anybody tried Crispi's? 

I tried some on in a mountaineering shop in Kathmandu, fit well. 

I am after a pair of Lowa Tibet in blue, got a pair of brown ones still fine after 4 years, but want a new pair for Canada. 

• Like 1