Whats The Best Boot

On 19/10/2016 at 20:53, Adampie8432 said:

As above I am looking to get a good long lasting pair of boots and would like some of your advice please I will be using them for walking the mutts daily, ferreting and lamping ?

Try Deditos mate...........google em

Ive just got a pair and i like em.

alot of keepers are wearing them as they dont scratch as easy in heather / bramble etc

still comfortable leather as well

ATB .....Tony

• Like 3

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm happy with my 30 quid haix army issue boots off eBay sod spending 300 on a pair of boots I've got kids to feed.

Haix, comfy, well made, good design, cheap, better than Lowa imo  Cheers, D.    

It depends on the person wearing them,there is hacking and there is hacking. Some lads wouldn't wear out a pair of slippers on a building site and others would want to kick a brick up the road in fron

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

My lowas just had another dose of renapur... Probably had these about five years done a fair few miles , still water proof, tending to lather the cracks like window putty now though. A heavy durable boot, but going to treat myself to some danner pronghorns next winter, they won't last as long but lighter and more comfortable in a size 14/15.

IMG_20220129_203836063_HDR.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 27/09/2021 at 14:29, Neal said:

After reading all the positive comments on here (as well as many others online) I decided to try a pair of Altbergs. On holiday in Devon in May I tried on several models but none of them felt right unfortunately. I gather they make make them to order which would improve the fit but I'm still happy to stick with my Lundhags. On my second pair now after my first pair lasted about seven or eight years. I hasten to add that's the sole not the top of the boot which is still as comfy as ever. Unfortunately, the price of sending them to Sweden to be resoled properly was too restrictive so I decided to get just get a new pair. I hasten to add that I do have particularly wide hobbit feet. 

Did your Lundhags take a bit of breaking in mate?

23 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Did your Lundhags take a bit of breaking in mate?

A bit, but less than most other similar boots. 

I've considered several times trying to get something "inbetween" as I spend my summer in lightweight trail runners and then winter in the lundhags. (Un)fortunately, the lundhags are fairly light (despite appearances) so normal ankle height boots are often heavier. I was tempted by Meindl Borneos but, despite the height difference, they're heavier. Mine are only 730g per boot.

3 hours ago, Neal said:

A bit, but less than most other similar boots. 

I've considered several times trying to get something "inbetween" as I spend my summer in lightweight trail runners and then winter in the lundhags. (Un)fortunately, the lundhags are fairly light (despite appearances) so normal ankle height boots are often heavier. I was tempted by Meindl Borneos but, despite the height difference, they're heavier. Mine are only 730g per boot.

I've had two pairs of Borneos, the second pair had the memory foam and the stitching broke down around it in the heel area, just got a pair of the Vandra 2 highs, they feel a bit tight across the widest part of my foot with one pair of thin socks, hoping it just needs breaking in, the leather uppers seems good quality, see they are made in Portugal  ?

Good luck with them. That's the problem with Lundhags now, I don't think any shops in the UK stock them so you can't try before you buy. I bought my first pair in Penrith Survival (I think that's what it was called; it was near Appleby) but it's closed down now.