Whats The Best Boot

i was skipping through here looking at surplus stuff and the boots are pretty cheap

http://www.ex-mod-textiles.com/shop/footwear.html

not sure how they are though.

i was after a shirt and pants

the extreme cold weather boots are lowa and are excellent

A lot of my mates bought, these they aren't made by Lowa and the eyelets all pulled out after a few weeks of use.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm happy with my 30 quid haix army issue boots off eBay sod spending 300 on a pair of boots I've got kids to feed.

Haix, comfy, well made, good design, cheap, better than Lowa imo  Cheers, D.    

It depends on the person wearing them,there is hacking and there is hacking. Some lads wouldn't wear out a pair of slippers on a building site and others would want to kick a brick up the road in fron

Posted Images

i was skipping through here looking at surplus stuff and the boots are pretty cheaphttp://www.ex-mod-textiles.com/shop/footwear.html

A lot of my mates bought, these they aren't made by Lowa and the eyelets all pulled out after a few weeks of use.
im on my second pair after ten years and not had any problems At all they even have a vibram sole and they’re the same as my mates Lowas

i was skipping through here looking at surplus stuff and the boots are pretty cheaphttp://www.ex-mod-textiles.com/shop/footwear.html

im on my second pair after ten years and not had any problems At all they even have a vibram sole and they’re the same as my mates Lowas

Yes they look like Lowas but aren't made by them. My mate used to work in the stores and get them all the time. I know about half a dozen lads had them and the eyelets pulled out of the leather. Glad yours were ok.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Balaur said:

Nah they'll chafe ?, they're size 14 and didn't really bend and I couldn't get em tight enough around the forefoot. Goes against all advice really , try them on and get a pair that fit good out the box, but not really practical in that size. 

Should have got size 10 and hacksawed  the toebox off

• 5 months later...

I’m trying a pair of Grisport Ranger boots at the moment due to fecking up with size when ordering a pair of Meindl Burma. So far so good. Quite a soft boot but good fit and good to go out of the box. Just done three hard days out with hounds on the fells and boots are fine. Been through some wet boggy places and no wet feet. Lots of room in them and good support ??

DFCB55FA-F93E-4C54-98E9-7EB835C4FB80.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 07/01/2017 at 10:29, Neal said:

I really rate my Lundhags and they have the added benefit of no lining to go wrong which means they're more breathable. You get your waterproofing from the treatment you add to them and you vary the heating by varying your thickness of second sock (with a thin woolen sock next to your foot).

Ultimately though the old adage is true...the best boot is one that fits!

After reading all the positive comments on here (as well as many others online) I decided to try a pair of Altbergs. On holiday in Devon in May I tried on several models but none of them felt right unfortunately. I gather they make make them to order which would improve the fit but I'm still happy to stick with my Lundhags. On my second pair now after my first pair lasted about seven or eight years. I hasten to add that's the sole not the top of the boot which is still as comfy as ever. Unfortunately, the price of sending them to Sweden to be resoled properly was too restrictive so I decided to get just get a new pair. I hasten to add that I do have particularly wide hobbit feet.