Whats The Best Boot

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm happy with my 30 quid haix army issue boots off eBay sod spending 300 on a pair of boots I've got kids to feed.

Haix, comfy, well made, good design, cheap, better than Lowa imo  Cheers, D.    

It depends on the person wearing them,there is hacking and there is hacking. Some lads wouldn't wear out a pair of slippers on a building site and others would want to kick a brick up the road in fron

Posted Images

Meinld, Dovre, Glockner, Taiga all get my vote. Havent had others other than Lundhag Professionals which i dont wear a great deal.

Havent tried the HanWag, Lowa etc but my Mrs had the Altberg and seems to like them well enough. Not as comfy as the meindl but half the money on ebay!

what boot you want it's fully depends on situation.There are many kinds of hunting boots like cold weather hunting boots,warer proof,snake prof,warmest hunting boots,Deer hunting boots etc.If you go to hunt in the water you should select warer proof hunting boots like baffin water proof hunting boots.Happy hunting life

• 2 months later...

i just bought these irish setter 'elk tracker' boots.

not sure if they are available back in blighty.

these are gortex lined with 1000gram of thinsulate.

from all the boot reviews i read,these are supposed to be the dogs danglys.

price in cables is $360 canadian,some places in the states charge $185 us

IMG_3714_zpsqmfp3f4u.jpg

• Like 1

I really rate my Lundhags and they have the added benefit of no lining to go wrong which means they're more breathable. You get your waterproofing from the treatment you add to them and you vary the heating by varying your thickness of second sock (with a thin woolen sock next to your foot).

Ultimately though the old adage is true...the best boot is one that fits!

As above I am looking to get a good long lasting pair of boots and would like some of your advice please I will be using them for walking the mutts daily, ferreting and lamping

If you are a 9 pop down got a few different makes you can try for fit, I like altberg warrior summer wear, lowa mountain winter wear with gaiters ,lamping aigle parcour wellies always find the mucky hole or deep cowshit gateway.

• Like 1

i use lowa army boots ive had them for a longtime and theyre still waterproof they were only 50 quid new,however you would be better to buy the most expensive boots on the market because most other people do,one of my mates buys harkila we were out in digging one wet day and his boots let in mine didnt so what does the thick c**t do buys another pair the same and would you believe it they let in aswell,have a nice day

• Like 1

As above I am looking to get a good long lasting pair of boots and would like some of your advice please I will be using them for walking the mutts daily, ferreting and lamping

If you are a 9 pop down got a few different makes you can try for fit, I like altberg warrior summer wear, lowa mountain winter wear with gaiters ,lamping aigle parcour wellies always find the mucky hole or deep cowshit gateway.
ok that be great cheers alun mate I will pop down sometime over the weekend cheers again ?