Foxhound Cross Harrier

Would have to agree and say the Welsh and it's cross seem to be the best all rounders. But in saying that the best most versatile I've ever witnessed was a bitch called copper that a mate owned , she was harrier beagle lakeland , remember going to mayo to hunt and lost the bitch first day we were there when she went off on a hunt , thought we would never see her again came out next morning and she was sleeping under the trailer

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We don't walk out hounds but we're trencher and it doesn't suit us but we're hunting mountain and it doesn't bother us. I don't say this to argue with anyone but a chap said to me a few years ago th

what rubbish if they want to hunt they will hunt just because your hounds walk to heel come back to the horn just means your the pack leader your the one in control if you lock your hounds up all week

Yeah I know him , and definitely agree he is a good fella

I have my opinions about the merits of beagle crosses for foxhunting before and it didn't go down well at all. All we hunt is harriers on hare only but I watch a lot of foxhunting and often wondered what foxhound type was the best. What do you cross the Welsh with ?

• 2 weeks later...

Shoot them only joking its alot easyer if you have older dogs broke to them already but its just the same as stock breaking with sheep walk them where there is plenty of hares when they go to put there nose down on the line tell them no hares and repeat if all eles fails shock collar what breed of hound have you got young man

Edited by milliken