Info Wanted On What Type Of Dog I Should Get

By proper Russell maybe you mean the short legged toyish sort of dog ? There seem to be 1000's of them still around if you look on the pets for sale kind of sites. They ask lots of money for not much dog though in my opinion. Thinking about getting yourself a working bred terrier may draw criticism on here as well though. Some will say that it would be a waste of a good dog unless you're hunting fox regularly. Some people live in an ideal world.

What you will get in a working bred terrier is a physical and mentally sound dog. Far more so than most other sorts that are around today. An intelligent animal that you can take anywhere, will be sound around people of any age, know how to behave in any situation and catch rats for fun. What you could also end up with though is a mad psycho dog from hell that appears not to have a brain, is a liability around people, and attempts to kill any other animal it comes across. A working bred terrier can be a difficult type of dog to own. Don't equate the small size with lack of effort/knowledge required from the owner. But I recommend them...or a whippet.

• Like 1