Jump to content
THE STIFFMEISTER

Bow Hunting

Recommended Posts


25 minutes ago, greg64 said:

I've just bought a new bow a Mathews compound and I can't draw it back I'm  a right hander and my left shoulder that I had operated on years ago just won't take it if I hold it my right hand and draw it with my left its fine so now i'm going to have to look for a left hander which will be weird as I have always shot right handed i'm gutted as it's a cracking bow 

Yeah that'd f**k me right up, mostly from eye dominance. Is it a permanent injury then, not an injury/weakness that you can work on?

It's odd that you can draw with your bad shoulder but can't simply support with it. I guess ypur drawing shoulder is in a stronger position than it is when supporting the bow.

Shit one mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought you might like this born,frank noska took this in Alaska last week,self-guided hunt as he is a resident,flew his little tail dragger into the wilderness and took a bear without rifle back-up.

 

33029702_1838301709808948_7557099763103956992_n.jpg

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah that'd f**k me right up, mostly from eye dominance. Is it a permanent injury then, not an injury/weakness that you can work on?

It's odd that you can draw with your bad shoulder but can't simply support with it. I guess ypur drawing shoulder is in a stronger position than it is when supporting the bow.

Shit one mate.

suffered from a reacuring dislocation for years and had to get all of my ligaments and tendons  shortened after a motor bike accident so I have always protected that arm ,because it has dislocated since the op ,luckily didn't spend a fortune on it .it was a second hand sq2 so it was quite an old model and didn't cost a lot but a really nice bow in  good nik so a bit pissed  off ,but learning to use a lefty is going to be challenging I wil have to get over the eye dominance in favour of my good shoulder ,so looking for a lefty now 🏹

Edited by greg64
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mackem said:

Whats the model greg,new triax?

not with my bank balance  mackem lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mackem said:

Thought you might like this born,frank noska took this in Alaska last week,self-guided hunt as he is a resident,flew his little tail dragger into the wilderness and took a bear without rifle back-up.

 

33029702_1838301709808948_7557099763103956992_n.jpg

that's a big one,will his little tail  dragger lift that back to the taxidermist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he just packed the skin and skull out mate,just found another pic of a one a different guy took,massive claws.

 

33133679_1838685873103865_7711470409664692224_n.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mackem said:

Thought you might like this born,frank noska took this in Alaska last week,self-guided hunt as he is a resident,flew his little tail dragger into the wilderness and took a bear without rifle back-up.

 

33029702_1838301709808948_7557099763103956992_n.jpg

What a hunt that'd have been eh! I think I'd have made an effort to get the beast into a more photogenic position mind, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i bet even turning it  over would be hard work, never mind skinning it and hiking back to your plane its head and skin  alone must weigh a lot

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, greg64 said:

i bet even turning it  over would be hard work, never mind skinning it and hiking back to your plane its head and skin  alone must weigh a lot

Your senses would need to be on high alert, from what little I have seen as soon as you kill a bear all the other bears come to eat it!

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, greg64 said:

i bet even turning it  over would be hard work, never mind skinning it and hiking back to your plane its head and skin  alone must weigh a lot

He actually said he couldn't roll it over alone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better than Eva Shockey imo. I imagine a shitload of folks on seeing this will instantly judge her and conclude something negative. I'd only say listen to her on a podcast. Imo she's a great ambassador for hunting. Same as Adam Greentree.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice lizard,i saw a clip of a guy calling them in with an electric caller the sort you use for coyotes,once they were close to the bank he arrowed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Better than Eva Shockey imo. I imagine a shitload of folks on seeing this will instantly judge her and conclude something negative. I'd only say listen to her on a podcast. Imo she's a great ambassador for hunting. Same as Adam Greentree.

 

Heres the footage for that particular gator hunt.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2018 at 21:18, greg64 said:

not with my bank balance  mackem lol

Just got home from a day out,my missus said there's a delivery came for you,odd as I haven't ordered anything,she had only bought me a new bow in the correct colour and draw length for my mountain lion hunt this coming winter,probably have to take her to Louis Vuitton shopping but that's cool,can't wait to get this set up and see the groupings 😉

 

IMG_20190322_145050.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×