• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all have out beginnings with hunting, -and bow hunting was no different or me. When I turned 14, the population of deer in Kansas was just getting to the point of being huntable. Remember all the

Just got home from a day out,my missus said there's a delivery came for you,odd as I haven't ordered anything,she had only bought me a new bow in the correct colour and draw length for my mountain lio

Posted Images

For me, bow hunting is the ultimate challenge, if you can take a large animal with a bow, unguided on a self hunt, there isnt a bigger achievement in hunting , in my opinion especially with a trad bow.

Such a shame its illegal here,especially with our archery history.from medieval times right up to ww2.

People from other bowhunting countries cant understand how it can be illegal here

• Like 1

Some laws are like egg-shells,made to be broken,they are open to common sense interpretation and personal flexibility.Those moose are something else but sadly expensive for a none resident.Did you ever get to go on a hunt like that when you were in BC Daniel?

• Like 1

Some laws are like egg-shells,made to be broken,they are open to common sense interpretation and personal flexibility.Those moose are something else but sadly expensive for a none resident.Did you ever get to go on a hunt like that when you were in BC Daniel?

where I lived mature bull moose were on leh which is a lottery system.and I never got a permit.

but we were allowed a immature bull moose each year maximum of 2 point antler.

I managed to call in and shoot a 2 point bull each year luckily

• Like 3

DanielG, that sounds great, have you any pictures and please share them!

On a side note, I have bought a bow, lol. Hoyt Ultratec with cam&1/2 cams, 50-60lb. Just waiting on all the other bits now, sight, rest, release etc.

The draw weight seems quite comfortable. It's 40" axle to axle which I think will probably be more forgiving for a novice.

Had a chat with a mate of a mate who has done a bit with a bow (recently Namib') and gave me some advice so that was helpful.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3

I apolagize for the upside down pics ,bloody computer

i always hunted moose with a rifle as my priority was to fill freezer i got a 6 week window and was only allowed 1 a year

once my freezer was full i then could relax and enjoy my bowhunting

• Like 2